I'm crossing over to the dark side...

cbrjess0815

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take a kawi before i'd take a squid rocket...

jixers attract squids like miss green shorts attracts dweezel...

Is that why there are more GSXRs finishing in front of the rest of the brands at the track? Musst be a LOT of squids riding 'em...:rolleyes:

Is that why there are more GSXRs finishing in front of the rest of the brands at the track? Musst be a LOT of squids riding 'em...:rolleyes:

everyone else is just having an off year.......... and an off last year........ and the year before that............ you know what lizard............ shut up :D

reuben can work his magic...

the forks are gone... I'm gonna have to buy a whole set. and a triple tree(or fix the one i've got) and the race upper.. I will still have to buy the whole front end so I'm gonna make sure I do it right and get the good stuff. I'm not cutting any corners with this thing. I have a lot of research and alot of opinions to account for when I start looking for what i'm gonna buy. But I'm not even bothering to look right now cuz it will just piss me off that i wont have the money for at least another month

the forks are gone... I'm gonna have to buy a whole set. and a triple tree(or fix the one i've got) and the race upper.. I will still have to buy the whole front end so I'm gonna make sure I do it right and get the good stuff. I'm not cutting any corners with this thing. I have a lot of research and alot of opinions to account for when I start looking for what i'm gonna buy. But I'm not even bothering to look right now cuz it will just piss me off that i wont have the money for at least another month

Honestly, with your weight, you should consider sticking with forks with OEM internals until you get faster at the track. It will save you some money up front unless of course you find a smoking hot deal on a set of built forks like I did.

I managed to get a set of forks with Ohlins 20mil internals and 1.0 springs for $400.. Deals like that dont come along every day. Hell I was able to pick up a Penske triple clicker rear for $500.

But like I said, you should take into account your riding ability and weight which is well within the limits of the stock forks. I was pretty heavy for my stock forks at the track and my rear shock was blown.