I have a meeting with the manager of Jared at polaris... questions.

2pointslow

Why did you trade it in and spend more money with them instead of saying "fuck your advice, make it how it was when I bought it" and move on?

It was going to cause a TON of hassel. Like us waiting 6 weeks for new stones to come in since they somehow cracked and or chipped everyone of them and not a gaurantee that they would color match. We had to have 3 sets of stones sent in when we built the ring.

I always go to Meyers Jewelers.....Family Run/Owned. You are always working with the owners/their direct family.

They take care of me, and have taken care of my wife's rings all the time.

We had to have the Center Stone taken down on the setting some - they did it for free, that day.

You should have let them fix it. Shir does happen, certain gems do tend to crack or become loose naturally, I too slightly agree this is being blown out of proportion. Granted I understand the wife being mad part....but what I don't understand Is the trade in part? I mean If the wedding ring truly meant as much as your making it out to be, then I know I'd gladly wait 6 weeks on a repair for an irreplaceable sentimental item vs. trading it in for something that in reality means nothing. To me it sounds like your being slightly irrational, and highly impatient. Edited by ForceFed

You should have let them fix it. Shir does happen, certain gems do tend to crack or become loose naturally, I too slightly agree this is being blown out of proportion. Granted I understand the wife being mad part....but what I don't understand Is the trade in part? I mean If the wedding ring truly meant as much as your making it out to be, then I know I'd gladly wait 6 weeks on a repair for an irreplaceable sentimental item vs. trading it in for something that in reality means nothing. To me it sounds like your being slightly irrational, and highly impatient.

The issue is we shouldnt have to wait. They should have called me when it broke, they shouldnt have lied to me about the situation. Trust me when i say i've spent enough money there to be impatient.

I told the lady that i have been working with for 8 years that if she ever leaves to get ahold of me. However i cant spend another dime in a jared the rest of my life.

You still miss the point. If the ring is that important, you'd wait regardless of the situation at jared to get the important item back like it was. Then you could move along.

Period.

You must have missed the part where i said they didnt recommend having amethysts in that setting.

It wasn't really an option to replace the stones. If you want to be a dick you can walk your happy ass right out of this thread.

I've dealt with jewelers....and they don't reccomend girls wear natural opals in cold weather either, but they still make it. It's jus a Characteristic of the stone. My point is, they made it once, if I meant that much, make them fix it so you keep the sentimental piece, and then don't deal With the store again. You let them tell you something that you knew not to be true. They made it once, make them fix it. You basically let

Them steer you where they wanted to. I'd go back and get my ring back and repaired if I was you....but that's just me.

I've dealt with jewelers....and they don't reccomend girls wear natural opals in cold weather either, but they still make it. It's jus a Characteristic of the stone. My point is, they made it once, if I meant that much, make them fix it so you keep the sentimental piece, and then don't deal With the store again. You let them tell you something that you knew not to be true. They made it once, make them fix it. You basically let

Them steer you where they wanted to. I'd go back and get my ring back and repaired if I was you....but that's just me.

I agree with this, yes it's a shitty situation, yes they fucked you. But IMO they are fucking you WAY worse by "getting off easy" and not fixing your wife's wedding ring. AND they got another 100 out of you..... fuck that.

I would say fix my shit, I don't care how long it takes I want it exactly like it was when I brought it into you to be cleaned and or when I bought it from you. Then when your done I want every dime even if its prorated as of today back from my protection service plans and I WILL be taking my business elsewhere.

Not trying to be a dick, I just hate to see big box retailers get over on the "little guys"

Going in mad isn't going to help the situation. It sucks that they didn't do what they were supposed to AND f'd up the ring. My wife had a similar issue. She went into a small store in Hilliard to have some old jewelry looked at. They offered to clean her rings while she was there. One of the stones in her band was missing after that. She didn't notice until she was home. The owner ended up getting another stone of equal quality and putting it in since it happened while they were cleaning it.

No yelling or acting crazy, they just stood up to their mistake and cleaned it. I will buy something from them in the future for taking care of the issue, even though they created it.

I would still look elsewhere if I was you for future purchases, but don't go nuts on them as you mentioned that you still have jewelry "insured" with them.

Old Hilliard Coin and Fine Art by chance?

The owners are our bestest friends and super good people. It doesn't surprise me that they made it right... If it was them.

To you and others may I strongly suggest Blue Nile for the future. By far the best jewelry anything I have ever dealt with and they have incredible customer service.

Obviously, that doesn't help your current problem but at least presents options for the future.

To you and others may I strongly suggest Blue Nile for the future. By far the best jewelry anything I have ever dealt with and they have incredible customer service.

Obviously, that doesn't help your current problem but at least presents options for the future.

Yes http://www.bluenile.com/ is amazing, plus you don't have to deal with anyone and can do the research to get the best diamond for your needs at an amazing price.

+1

I agree with this, yes it's a shitty situation, yes they fucked you. But IMO they are fucking you WAY worse by "getting off easy" and not fixing your wife's wedding ring. AND they got another 100 out of you..... fuck that.

I would say fix my shit, I don't care how long it takes I want it exactly like it was when I brought it into you to be cleaned and or when I bought it from you. Then when your done I want every dime even if its prorated as of today back from my protection service plans and I WILL be taking my business elsewhere.

Not trying to be a dick, I just hate to see big box retailers get over on the "little guys"

Agree....

Fuck Jared. I went out shopping for engagement rings, figured I'd stop in there since I was nearby. Sales lady was too aggressive, rings were overpriced and she repeatedly tried to get my information to run my credit after I told her not yet(I didn't want them to run my credit I wasn't going to buy there). Finally left, went to Andrew's Jewelers. 0% for 60 months and the salesman wasn't pushy...can't beat it.

"Ruined evening"... Really? "ruined"... are we stretching?

"only use Jared".... really? , you like gettting gaped?

Were you supposed to be there BEFORE 5pm? or AFTER 5pm? Your story is unclear. were you late? Or, were they telling you to come in after hours?

OH, THE DIAMOND CELLAR...... The Diamond Cellar is no better than all the other enornous chains. They market themselves as "save money here" and are 10% higher priced for "like" quality from my experience.

Not to mention they (DC) sell a watch for 4700.00 bucks and upcharge the 2 year maintenence factory service ... and then lose the dealer account because the watch company told them repeatedly to stop doing it.....

Not to mention ... When I asked to try on the watch (at the Diamond Cellar) in the first place the sales associate almost scoffed at me for thinking that I (27 years old at the time) didn't have the means to purchase said watch... but reluctantly let me try it on.

Not to mention.... She also made a completely racist comment as a reason for not going in a certain establishment that i frequent often. saying " i dont go in there because saw a lot of black people in there the only time i was there" ... REALLY? Needless to say... she didn't get the sale....

PS - they charged me 70.00 dollars to repolish my watch... when they quoted 40.00

PS - Meyers polished it for free.

I attempted shopping at Jared once. They kept trying their hardest to get their hands on my dad's Rolex President that it was as bad as a crackhead trying to get their fix.