Tasty Beer thread

Buteo

I'm a beer snob. I love it. It makes me feel good.

It seems that there are quite a few micro brews popping up all over the place. Post up some good brews and places to find them.

A guy I work with sent me a few of these

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad321/r00tts/D35280F4-4ED9-442C-A4D6-8F5FDEAB8282-8497-00000704708526F1_zps96916191.jpg

The cap says it all. :fuckyeah:

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad321/r00tts/020FB851-FE36-490E-9AA0-3BB2FBA1208C-8497-000007046AB7043D_zpsf0a721ce.jpg

I don't know where to find this. My friend got lucky.

Trappist Westvleteren 12 (XII) - Brouwerij Westvleteren (Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren)

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/313/1545

You can't get it in the US though they did recently sell a few packs here to get money for a restoration of their abbey, but you can get them online from a few places for around $30 a bottle or so. I bought a belgium trappist pack that came with one of these as a thank you, I haven't drank it yet but have 5 from the collection I got thus far.

20130114_181514.jpg

20130130_192457.jpg

20130131_194814.jpg

20130131_202507.jpg

20130206_174707.jpg

20130206_184438.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes very hard to find. I think he was able to grab a few of the bricks when they went on sale.

I had one of them last night...very similar to the rochefort 10 Trappist. Very good but I think the rarity factor of it tends to make it taste better than other quads. I'm going to store the others and maybe open them on a special day.

Anyone know where i can get some more of this? My dad gave me a bottle of it and it was fucking delish. He got it from a friend.

http://i.imgur.com/nesyuuE.jpg

I'm not living in Ohio anymore but around DC you can get it in any decent liquor store or grocery store that has a nice selection.

I've had that before and it was ok, I didn't think it was anything special though.

Founder Breakfast Stout

Southern Tier Choklate

Milk Stout Nitro

Southern Tier Creme Brulee

These are some on the top of my list.

you have good taste sir.

Ill add Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout to that list to make it an awesome 5.

There are some mocha/coffee beers that I like sometimes, I'll have to pick up one of those if I see it.

Color me surprised. I just stumbeled upon the fact that Kona Brewing is now available in Ohio. From what I can tell they just started last month!

Looks like some places have the Long Board Lager in. I'm seeing if Savor can get the Pipeline in.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/food/2013/02/06/1aa-beer06-ge9lgf57-1.html

Color me surprised. I just stumbeled upon the fact that Kona Brewing is now available in Ohio. From what I can tell they just started last month!

Looks like some places have the Long Board Lager in. I'm seeing if Savor can get the Pipeline in.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/food/2013/02/06/1aa-beer06-ge9lgf57-1.html

Why does it not surprise me it's available @ Kenny Rd. Market, that place has fawking everything. Honestly don't go over there on purpose because i'm on somewhat of a budget and i'll blow an easy $60/week there, they got enough of my $ in my early 20's...

FYI they should be able to special order the porter for you, assuming Kona has some in stock.

Also I HATED the Longboard larger, but then again I can't stand sweet beers, nasty...

Post up if you get a response, I'd like to try it.

Already asked of FB, but I will be there tomorrow night for the beer tasting and will ask them in person. They are really good about getting stuff in if the can. Will let you know what they say.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmNTxuw3J7yK6BBbXQyw4Jph9nFfSWkcGygrH88JMWINFMhy_w

They were at Savor for a beer tasting a few months ago, seemed really cool. I would like to go to their brewery sometime.

What time does savor do their tastings?

Edit.

Looks like 5-7. Wonder if they post what they'll be sampling?

Sometimes they do, but you can call and ask and they will know. I asked them when is was in last night and I'm pretty sure it's great divide but I'm not 100%

Would anyone be interesting in coming to this years Big Beers and Barley Wines? It's at Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Dayton. Whats cool about this beer fest is that it's still "smaller" in terms of people that know about it. Very friendly and the beer selection is more on the "rare and interesting" side of things. They have some beers that they only have 1/6 Barrel of and open them at 15 min intervals throughout the tasting. It's also a great price for the types of beers you get and of course supports a good cause.

Most Beers are over 7%

http://www.bigbeersdayton.com/

Look at the beer list, I am sure it will only be better this year.

http://www.bigbeersdayton.com/beers/

Why does it not surprise me it's available @ Kenny Rd. Market, that place has fawking everything. Honestly don't go over there on purpose because i'm on somewhat of a budget and i'll blow an easy $60/week there, they got enough of my $ in my early 20's...

We found that place about a month after we moved into the neighborhood this last summer. Then a while later we looked at our chargers on our card and said 'Where in the fuck is Kenny Rd. Market? Someone must have gotten our card numbers and is spending a ton of money there!'. Turns out the business name is still Kenny Road Market but we only ever knew it as Savor. :lolguy:

We found that place about a month after we moved into the neighborhood this last summer. Then a while later we looked at our chargers on our card and said 'Where in the fuck is Kenny Rd. Market? Someone must have gotten our card numbers and is spending a ton of money there!'. Turns out the business name is still Kenny Road Market but we only ever knew it as Savor. :lolguy:

*Confused* - So Savor (Located on Indianola?) is owned by the same people that own Kenny rd. market?

How the fuck did you live on Bethel Rd. and not know about Kenny Rd. Market?, dude it was right down the street from your (old?) place....

I dated a chick who lived on Kenny road.. took a lot of trips to that awesome little store.

Was living @ Governors Square by the time I was 17:fuckyeah:. Back then they used to carry a seasonal brew called "Hell for Certain", came in like $6 22oz bottles - man alive was that good shit, haven't seen it in probably 8 years or so :(

Founder Breakfast Stout

Southern Tier Choklate

Milk Stout Nitro

Southern Tier Creme Brulee

These are some on the top of my list.

Damn right.

Pretty much anything Southern Tier is top notch. I'm not a hops fan (no IPAs for me) but they manage to pack a ton of hops in their beers without making them unbalanced. Love their Pumking in the fall as well.

Another couple favorites of mine this winter have been:

New Holland Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout

Elevator Brewing Co Winter Warmer

Sam Smith Organic Lager (always refreshing)

and as people have already mentioned:

Batch 19 is going to be a new standard drink for me

Old Rasputin Imperial Stout is an old standard

Damn right.

Love their Pumking in the fall as well.

I think I have 3 or 4 bottles left in the basement from my case purchase in the fall. love it!

I also forgot to mention for you stout lovers... Get you some Hoppin Frog D.O.R.I.S the Destroyer Double.

*Confused* - So Savor (Located on Indianola?) is owned by the same people that own Kenny rd. market?

How the fuck did you live on Bethel Rd. and not know about Kenny Rd. Market?, dude it was right down the street from your (old?) place....

I think I confused myself, and you.

Yes, somehow I didn't know about Kenny Rd Market when I lived there. And I lived at that place for like 3 years. :fuuuu: I would typically go up to Anderson's for my beer needs.

Savor used to be some other market.