Help me find my 1st bike!!

Dr. Apex

if you want MPG.. the new Honda NC700X is the bike to have.. 60+ mpg

in a very comfy package, that also has some incredible engineering behind it, gas tank is in the rear, so the space were would be a tank can be used as a storage compartment, pretty neat. they are priced nicely, and are very light and agile.

my buddy bought one and it was pretty fun to ride.

700CC twin

im not a huge honda fan at all, but its a cool bike. it gets rave reviews as well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in a very comfy package, that also has some incredible engineering behind it, gas tank is in the rear, so the space were would be a tank can be used as a storage compartment, pretty neat. they are priced nicely, and are very light and agile.

700CC twin

im not a huge honda fan at all, but its a cool bike. it gets rave reviews as well.

I know it's a bit taboo, but isn't the NC700X available with a CVT?

700CC twin

I did look at one of these at ASK, very clever packaging for sure. It was rated for 70mpg which is crazy. It is a tall bike and comfortable, not the nest looking though. It seems I may be looking at a new bike as I'm finding out they're strict about financing and its easier to finance a new one.

I know it's a bit taboo, but isn't the NC700X available with a CVT?

Not a CVT, but a push button clutchless shifter. Just pull a trigger on the left handlebar to upshift or a thumb button to downshift, it's not for me and $1500 more money packaged with ABS and spendy.

Wasn't initially considering new bikes. Did sit on an FZ8 at first, really liked it and the other FZ bikes. Sat on an NC700, very comfy though seemed a bit tall and different. Sat on a Vstrom as well. Tried an ER-6N but how narrow it was and where the pegs were it wasn't right for me at all.

Also sat on a beautiful Vulcan 900 Custom @ Iron Pony, burnt orange/flat black scheme that was in my opinion one of the sharpest bikes I've ever seen. Was a bit wieldly but everyone says they ride great. Would NOT want to be starting out on such a nice bike but I really liked it.

Theres a big shop called Apache Motorcycles not far from my house I will probably go check out monday once I get home, they carry a few different brands.

the strom and the NC700X are taller bike because they are in the adventure touring category. they have a little longer suspension travel and more ground clearance.

they strom is more adventure touring than the NC, it will actually work somewhat ok off road, but the NC is more of an on road bike.

its just the category they are in though.

The extra suspension travel won't hurt. No intentions of going off road right now but who knows down the road. Still leary about getting a new bike but I do like the prospect of it with not having to worry about issues with it. Guess I need to trust myself a bit more.

I do appreciate all the tips and advice on this, learned a lot and still have a ton of the way go.