Help me find my 1st bike!!

Dr. Apex

Found this baby for ya. Mods include an after market high capacity fuel tank, custom weight delete kit, and a low center of gravity battery mount that doubles as a sissy bar.

I asked him, I said what do you want for it?

Do you know what he said?

He said he want about 190.68 rupee.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8470/8441445285_3b1ef9c57c_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8324/8442543228_83fc0e9bfd_c.jpg

Edited by Sturg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben, a resource who hasn't been mentioned is Josh (flat tire) who's the GM of Thiel's Wheels in Upper Sandusky. http://www.twheelshd.com/default.asp

Josh has been in the business most of his life and is incredibly knowledgable about bikes. He's the only one I'll deal with. I'd give him a call or a PM, tell him your with CR, explain your situation, and see what he says.

If you end up buying a bike in Ohio, rather than in AZ, you're welcome to store it at the Hangout until it's convenient for you to get it home.

Thanx Doc, I appreciate that. With the susbstantial price difference it's certainly not going to cost more to buy a bike in Ohio even with shipping.

Found this baby for ya. Mods include an after market high capacity fuel tank, custom weight delete kit, and a low center of gravity battery mount that doubles as a sissy bar.

I asked him, I said what do you want for it?

Do you know what he said?

He said he want about 190.68 rupee.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8470/8441445285_3b1ef9c57c_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8324/8442543228_83fc0e9bfd_c.jpg

^^Too much powa for me to handle.:megusta:

Just got in last night and will be making my way out here shortly. My schedule is cramped outside of midday today and tomorrow but I will be mainly on the west side today, prolly stop in Iron Pony and head to my dads on the east side tomorrow so I can hit up just about anywhere. PM's sent.

I also looked into the SV not long ago as a low cost ride to work and toy. only things in would say is they can get oil starvation on the front cylinder if they stay on the rear wheel for long. So if the previous owner is bragging about how they can "stunt" the bike or how long it would "wheelie" you may want to look somewhere else. The stock suspension would be fairly soft for someone of our size as well. There are plenty of fixes out there for that, swap shocks and forks from other bikes or just replace with after market. Just be aware of that.

When I got my first bike a few years ago I got a 07 SV650 w/ 2k miles on it for 3200.

I ended up putting 13k miles on it in around a year and a half and then totaled it. Insurance gave me 4200 for my SV I bought 1.5 years ago.

I would go get a SV. They hold value extremely well, they're easy to learn to ride on and very forgiving. Plus, you can add all sorts of GSXR bolt ons to make this a much better bike.

I was very bored in the straights on this bike after my first 8 months or so but I ended up being able to use a lot of my bike in the turns, which is where I did most of my riding.

I just got my girl signed up for the MSF course, I suggest doing the same and slowly buying your gear before you get your bike. That way you can at least ride the thing when you have it.

Problem with an SV is finding one, only 1 in AZ I could find and not too many around here.

I stopped in ASK in GC since its right around the corner from me. They were friendly and let me sit on a bunch of bikes. My favorite was the Yamaha FZ8, comfy for me, light, seemed easy to handle, they had an FZ6R but the peg position was diff and it was tight for me. Sat on a Honda NC700, not a good looking bike but comfy, 72mpg, pretty cool storage bin in the center and such. Also sat on a KZ1000, comfy again but more engine than I need right now. Also a Vstrom, not bad looking either and I fit fine. So it looks like the sport touring category is where my interest lies.

I have a 07sv650 I might sell.

12k miles, Ryan just put fresh tires on it.

Might sell?? If I buy in Ohio it will likely be tomorrow or saturday.

Have you looked at any dual sport bikes I feel like you could have a blast in AZ on a DR650 or KLR650

It's been reccommended to me, I have little to no plans to go offroading right now but I'm open to the idea of it. Honda NW had a couple I think but I didn't look at them. They had an 09 FZ6 in there, 2900miles, not a blemish on it, asking $54xx IIRC. Not sure how much they might work on that especially considering I'd be buying a jacket/helmet/ins all at the same time, but seems like what they're going for.

Have you looked at any dual sport bikes I feel like you could have a blast in AZ on a DR650 or KLR650

this. Dont think of it as an offraoding machine, think of it as a light, responsive, maneuverable and BULLET PROOF street bike that has dirt, or in your case sand, road capabilities. Plus when you drop it your panties will stay unbunched as theyre meant to get dropped. And their nice and light to pick up.

You can learn to ride on any bike but dual sports are light, built for abuse, and will still provide a fun ride after youve gained your bearings. Pretty much any dirtbike with a bat. turnsignals and lights would make a great starter. 250s to 700s. The suzuki DR's current model started in 96, lots of parts out threre.

Heres a good start

http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Right now fuel econ is my #1 concern as I will be on a much tighter budget with the new job, aka 50-60+mpg is a MUST. Those dual sports do that kind of econ? I don't really like them but will consider most anything that I fit on for the right price and mpg.

Right now fuel econ is my #1 concern as I will be on a much tighter budget with the new job, aka 50-60+mpg is a MUST. Those dual sports do that kind of econ? I don't really like them but will consider most anything that I fit on for the right price and mpg.

Just like anything its about how you ride it. I'm heavy wristed but hit 100-110 miles for a 3 gal tank. I've seen as high as 45mpg.

Is your commute really that far and the gas mileage in your stang really that bad that spending multi thousands of dollars on a bike is going to save you money? Have you done the maths?

80mile round trip daily, 20mpg on premium vs. 50+mpg on regular = more than saves enough to pay for bike payment, ins and fuel. The reason for the urgency of a bike is I did all the math and with the pay cut I'm taking either get a bike or sell the Mustang, and I'm not ready to do that.

Just got back from the BMV and got my temps, think I might just get a Busa and be done with it!!:dumb: