Winter changes

DKilbourne

Well, the day has finally come to get the turd tuned. I will be taking my Cobra over to Turner for a 93 and a E-85 tune tomorrow. I've changed a few things over the winter, so hopefully it will make a difference.

Started off by pulling the rear end to get it fixed again. I decided to go from a 3.73 to a 3.90 gear and put a spool in the car. I eliminated the c-clips as well. I haven't had the car out enough to really get a feel for it, but it is definitely a little different with the spool when turning.

Next up was changing some fuel parts. I went with larger pumps, I think the stock pumps are in the 13x lph range and I went with twin 255's. I also changed from the 60's to 80's to compensate for the E-85 tune.

Last area was on the induction side of things. Went with a new JLT intake kit that incorporates the MAF sensor into the intake. I then put a larger single blade throttle body and plenum on. This should help out a little bit.

Last year's numbers were 511/537, so I'd like to see 550/560 on E-85. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and I can update this.

Sorry, no pictures right now.