mechanic gloves review

WrxRcr

Hands down the best gloves I have owned. A pair of gloves usually last me 3-6 months and even then i am nursing finger holes trying to make them last longer.

http://www.mechanix.com/material-4x-original-glove

These are wearing so well I actually had to wash them.

Looks like the 4x material product line has expanded since I purchased these.

Only thing I don't like about them is if they get oily/soaked in ATF, they are greasy and never seems to wash out.

I noticed this same problem, one of the reasons i washed them. I used a Dawn bath, did the trick.

Gloves take away the tactile feel of nuts and bolts, makes things harder than they need to be. Rather just wash hands after and let the beauty of scabs heal the wounds.

Gloves also cause your hands to "bake", making your fingers butter soft and prone to all sorts of nicks/cuts. I only wear them if it's cold or if im working around jagged edges etc.

Gloves take away the tactile feel of nuts and bolts, makes things harder than they need to be. Rather just wash hands after and let the beauty of scabs heal the wounds.

You don't even work on your own cars Jones. :dumb:

I can tell you don't wrench.

Boy how times change. We used to make fun of anyone who needed to wear "mechanics" gloves to "wrench" or rubber gloves to wash parts or pack bearings.

How did mechanics ever survive without fitted, "4x" technology?

Boy how times change. We used to make fun of anyone who needed to wear "mechanics" gloves to "wrench" or rubber gloves to wash parts or pack bearings.

How did mechanics ever survive without fitted, "4x" technology?

I'll have you know that I work every day with my cold bare hands, and I have the stains and scars to prove it. A pretty boy I am not.

I love these gloves, only $10 for 10 at Home Depot. Any liquid will soak right through them, but for protecting hands they are great.

Fit good

Washable

Last a long time for the price

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/fb/fb8bd6d1-0e09-48ea-9b07-bf19eab8916f_300.jpg

In my line of work, dirty fingernails and callused handshakes are not an attribute! :)

Interesting. Always looking for a solution to cut up hands.

I got enough callouses from the gym and work. I have 9 stiches in my thumb and a drill bit hole in my left index finger atm. Wasn't wearing gloves fml.

That's cute you guiz :gay:

Act like you even work on your car :dumb: