2014 Regal gets AWD and more HP

Mallard

For 2014 the Regal Turbo and GS get optional AWD, and the they go from 220hp/260 lb-ft to 259/295. This is a loss in power for the GS, though.

edit: it can send more than 90% of the power to the rear wheels.

Edited by Mallard

For 2014 the Regal Turbo and GS get optional AWD, and the they go from 220hp/260 lb-ft to 259/295. This is a loss in power for the GS, though.

I looked at this car at Detroit, not the 2014 I don't think. I liked it, until I saw what it weighed.... 5500 lbs. I wonder what the AWD variant comes in at.

Edit: as I look online, it says it weighs between 3600 and 3700. I wonder what I read at Detroit on the ad next to the car? I swore it said curb weight was 5500 lbs. hmmm

I looked at this car at Detroit, not the 2014 I don't think. I liked it, until I saw what it weighed.... 5500 lbs. I wonder what the AWD variant comes in at.

Edit: as I look online, it says it weighs between 3600 and 3700. I wonder what I read at Detroit on the ad next to the car? I swore it said curb weight was 5500 lbs. hmmm

Maybe it was weight with passengers, they put that data on the VIN sticker I believe.

As if this car needs to weigh any more considering its powerplant...

I test drove a GS, and it was far from athletic. It handled well, had great brakes, and good looks, but the engine was very lethargic.

Something tells me adding 300lbs in AWD will make this even worse.

Great car in theory, hopefully they let it hang around for an overhaul, as its a solid package in round 1, just needs to lose some weight, get a more responsive engine, and get real on the dubs.

As if this car needs to weigh any more considering its powerplant...

I test drove a GS, and it was far from athletic. It handled well, had great brakes, and good looks, but the engine was very lethargic.

Something tells me adding 300lbs in AWD will make this even worse.

Great car in theory, hopefully they let it hang around for an overhaul, as its a solid package in round 1, just needs to lose some weight, get a more responsive engine, and get real on the dubs.

its a luxury sedan! and the engine is a throwback to the 80's muscle car, WIN WIN! you just don't understand Buick's i guess :rolleyes:

Blah. Someone told me it's a ecotech cavalier motor inside a car weighing way more.

Like the car. power plant meh.

So it weighs about the same an Audi A4 2.0t (3600-3700 lbs) and has almost 50 more HP.

The Ecotec in this car is significantly reworked from the days of the Cavi. It's closer to the turbo Solstice/Cobalt engine, but still has a lot of revisions.

I did hear that you can't get the manual trans with AWD, which is a fail in my book.

Edited by Mallard

So it weighs about the same an Audi A4 2.0t. (2600-2700 lbs)

The Ecotec in this car is significantly reworked from the days of the Cavi. It's closer to the turbo Solstice/Cobalt engine, but still has a lot of revisions.

I did hear that you can't get the manual trans with AWD, which is a fail in my book.

Yup, nobody wants to make AWD, Turbo, 6MT cars anymore.

Stupid warranties. :gabe:

Still waiting for my AWD, TDi, 6mt car...dreams..just dreams for now.

So it weighs about the same an Audi A4 2.0t (2600-2700 lbs) and has almost 50 more HP.

Da fuq?

My STi is heaviest for Impreza at 3400

From Audi USA: a4 3500-3700 depends on tranny. Where are you getting 2600-2700?

Da fuq?

My STi is heaviest for Impreza at 3400

From Audi USA: a4 3500-3700 depends on tranny. Where are you getting 2600-2700?

100% sure he meant to put a 3 there instead of a 2.

All cars are heavy today.

That said, VAG is making some efforts to go back in the other directions with the new MQB platform debuting soon. MK7 Golf's to drop to 2700-2800lbs. An S3 with 300hp I4 will only be about 3000lbs. :megusta: