germain ford is on fire

Cordell

Yeah right, its called unemployment, and "oh I hope you had your own insurance on your tools"

There is case law that says the dealership has to cover the tools. I've dealt with it a few times.

There is case law that says the dealership has to cover the tools. I've dealt with it a few times.

Dealership I work for will only cover up too $10k, if that's the case that $10k wont even cover my toolbox, then there's the tools inside.

Edited by SinisterSS

lol... I would be willing to bet some money that it was a tech that started the fire. Back in my day of turning wrench their were some funny stories of fires caused by techs.

I also did not know a single person that carried any additional insurance on tools in the dealerships I worked (only 2 but they were large shops). Its something you dont think of until it gets you.

Dealership I work will only cover up too $10k, if that's the case that $10k wont even cover my toolbox, then there's the tools inside.

Some employees of another dealership took them to court in 99 or 00, there was a break in and they said they didnt cover the boxes. Judge ruled that the dealership was responsible for the boxes and everything in them because they are required for the job. The dealership had to replace everything.

We were making jokes at work all day, but the same construction company that is doing their addition is doing ours at Byers. Word has it someone was cutting on the roof and caught the rubber roofing material on fire, since this is similar to what the news is reporting I'm sure its something like that. It was one of these construction guys though I didn't hear who exactly whether it was a roofer, plumber, laborer, or what.

I just don't want these idiots to come down and be working on our addition, my work bay is about 2 feet from where they're working :mad:

We were making jokes at work all day, but the same construction company that is doing their addition is doing ours at Byers. Word has it someone was cutting on the roof and caught the rubber roofing material on fire, since this is similar to what the news is reporting I'm sure its something like that. It was one of these construction guys though I didn't hear who exactly whether it was a roofer, plumber, laborer, or what.

I just don't want these idiots to come down and be working on our addition, my work bay is about 2 feet from where they're working :mad:

RIP cordell.... he lived a good and angry life. he will be missed

At what point does someone decide to bail on a small fire instead of trying to extinguish it? I mean, there had to be something someone could do instead of just stand there thinking "oh damn, theres a small fire. ill just stand here and watch it get bigger"

At what point does someone decide to bail on a small fire instead of trying to extinguish it? I mean, there had to be something someone could do instead of just stand there thinking "oh damn, theres a small fire. ill just stand here and watch it get bigger"

We get fire extinguisher training once a year at my office... company comes in with a bunch of old bottles that have to have their 12-year hydrostat tests done (which means the contents would be lost anyways), lights up a large pan with some kind of diesel/kerosene/gasoline mix, and we each take turns putting it out. You'd be surprised how well a bottle works, provided you've actually got one within reasonable reach. I rather doubt some dude cutting stuff on the roof even had fire extinguishers on his mind until well after the thing was burning.

The fire actually started at the top of a temporarily wood wall that was up for construction purposes at the back of the parts department. It caught fire on the back side of the wall which wasnt even accesible. A 70ft wide 20ft wall made of plywood fueled by spilled gasoline goes up in flames faster that you could ever imagine. It was quite a site

Fire started in the roof. Spread really really quick.

Really... This is all the insider info you can give us??

Ill get you some more today after in at work.

Rubber roofs are a MF'er to put out, it gets under there and just burns likes crazy. Only way to get to it is start cutting off the rubber and get ahead of it and get under it. That thick heavy black smoke is all from the rubber, prob not a lot of fire just a lot of burning rubber.

Either way it's a ton of work, we've done a lot of training of these types of roofs and they're always a pain.

Got this email today

While in the process of clearing out a vacant facility as part of our ongoing construction, a fire broke out in an area that was being torn down. Thanks to the quick response of the Columbus Fire Department, the fire was contained to this vacant area. We are thankful that no Germain Ford employees or construction team members were injured in the fire.

We want to assure our loyal sales and service customers that all departments will be fully functioning starting this weekend and we will be here to accommodate them during the remainder of our renovation while we work towards completing the finest Ford dealership in Central Ohio. Thank you for your continued support and patronage, we look forward to serving you!

Contact us at 888-964-1843 with any questions.