Free dog to a good home

Green Bastard

My wife was driving down Cleveland ave and saw someone just dropped this dog on the side of the road so she picked it up before it got hit by a car. She called the pound, but they said they would likely put her down and my wife didn't want that. She said the dog is a female and looks like it may have recently had a litter as her tits are hanging and looks like milk may be leaking out. My 1.5 yr old niece was around the dog and the dog only licked her face (seems to be child friendly). This is all I know about the dog, but if you would be interested in meeting the dog to see if you want her, feel free to pm me and I'll send my number. I would rather see her go to someone to take care of her than go to the pound and be put down.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w392/uummm1/imagejpeg_2_zpsbbb32cae.jpg

• Upvote 1

We are going to keep her until we find her a home. Thanks for the link though, I'll check it out.

Thats why i asked about fostering. You can contact the rescues and they will put her on the list of needs home, and let you foster her till they find her a home.

microchipped or not, she was abandoned on the side of the road.

Yes, but then the proper folks could go after the people who abandoned her.

Nice looking pup. Looks like our male only more black on her.

That would be great if you could. We don't mind fostering, we just cant keep her. She is a great dog. She is very friendly, playful, good with kids and she is house broken (she had an accident the first night, but since then has not gone in the house).

OK I sent a message. They usually take the animal and have vet check them out and then the dogs would go through a cell dog training program, also be evaluated on behavior. I will message back when I get a reply. We have a foster now or I would offer to take her.

look at that pretty little shovel head

if she's had a litter she's probably closer to a year based on gestation and when females actually go into heat for the first time.

if she is that young and had a litter it may have stalled her growing a bit too, keepign her petite.

i'd bet she's gonna be around 40lbs 50 if she gets bulky

look at that pretty little shovel head

if she's had a litter she's probably closer to a year based on gestation and when females actually go into heat for the first time.

if she is that young and had a litter it may have stalled her growing a bit too, keepign her petite.

i'd bet she's gonna be around 40lbs 50 if she gets bulky

^^ This. Our male is 3 and about 70lbs but he's filling out in the chest which typically takes a few years.

They said it will be about a month before they can take her in. They're a bit full right now. There's a pet expo this weekend where we will be and the rescue will be there too. If you're up to it and think she is then maybe you can come and meet us and look around. There are other rescues there and maybe we can find a place for her sooner?