16-Bit Bar + Arcade

zeitgeist57

http://www.columbusunderground.com/16-bit-bararcade-opening-this-summer

After just seeing "Wreck-it Ralph" this weekend with my daughter, I can see this being very popular with the retro-hipsters, guys like us that grew up in mall arcades, and just putting a fun spin on the bar scene.

It'll be right by my office...may have to walk over and check it out sometime.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is going to be awesome. tehee. Few blocks from school, too!

The 16-Bit Bar+Arcade is described as being slightly more upscale than a traditional arcade. Roughly 45 original arcade cabinets have been purchased, and between 35 and 40 will be available for play at any given time, with new games rotating in and out of play on a regular basis. All games will be set to “free play”, so you’re able to spend your spare quarters on drinks at the bar instead.

its a good concept .... there is a bar in Denver called 1UP which I go to from time-to-time

Small world, my buddy was just telling me about that place. He moved to Denver about 2 months ago and goes there all the time now. It looks like a great atmosphear.

I'm getting some short shorts, long tube socks with 3 stripes at the top, converse all stars, and rocking 1981 all over again. :D I spent many afternoons in front of a donkey kong or centipede machine.