Black Lambo Loses It

2011SVT

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, A buddy of mine. He disconnected his front drive shaft at the advice of CTD to make it RWD......apparently not a good idea. He is unhurt, but he ego is bruised. He is a good guy but cold tires got the best of him.

That's his first problem...

So people are actually taking there cars to that shop? :eek:

Glad he is ok. Cars can be replaced.

-Marc

That's his first problem...

So people are actually taking there cars to that shop? :eek:

Glad he is ok. Cars can be replaced.

-Marc

lol, When I first read your reply...I thought that "he was my friend" was his first problem...lol.

I tried to talk to him about the conversion but someone sold him on the idea.

lol, When I first read your reply...I thought that "he was my friend" was his first problem...lol.

I tried to talk to him about the conversion but someone sold him on the idea.

I thought you were joking about the ctd stuff lol.

Wow

All lessons come at a price. Fortunately his was a relatively inexpensive one (just money and some pride). It makes me wonder what the liability limit is on CTD's insurance.

Curious...but how could they be liable for this?

-Marc

I don't understand why converting it to rwd makes it an instant death trap, there are other rwd cars in the world.. I mean unless the conversion specifically on a lambo is something that does make them super unsafe?

None of those RWD cars were designed to be AWD cars. Maybe it throws the traction control off (maybe disables it entirely?)

None of those RWD cars were designed to be AWD cars.

Kinda what I was thinking. Also, maybe the owners get brave with the AWD not knowing the car is taking care of most of their hooning, then go to RWD and try the same stuff thinking they can handle it.

I don't understand why converting it to rwd makes it an instant death trap, there are other rwd cars in the world.. I mean unless the conversion specifically on a lambo is something that does make them super unsafe?

Millions of dollars and years of development went into producing a top-notch performance car with a certain set of specifications. Why people feel the need to mess with success without considering the ramifications and addressing them is beyond me.