Black Lambo Loses It

2011SVT

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If CTD presents themselves as an expert (whether or not they actually are) in their field then their advice is held to a higher standard (legally). If the car was made unsafe or unfit to drive by their recommendation and then crashed, they may be liable. An indemnity clause may help their situation, but it depends on how it is worded and even then sometimes those clauses are legally unenforceable. It really depends on the specific situation leading up to the crash. If the car would have reacted the same way with AWD, it doesn't matter. Driver error.

If you take this logic to it's furthest end a tire shop wouldn't be able to put non-OEM tires on any car (with ESC), let alone any performance shop doing anything that alters the suspension, brake system or drive-train (including engine/power) characteristics of the car. That is without going through everything the OEM went through to verify the car as safe and meeting all regulations.

Thinking about CTD's "2,000hp" Lambo...even if it runs, I'd be surprised to hear that it makes 100 miles before Tweedle-Dee wraps it around a tree.

CTD's RWD "conversion" doesn't seem to be well thought-out...

Hopefully he didn't sacrifice safety equipment for weight savings.

I probably wouldn't bring it up to them. That driveshaft must've been ripped clean off the car, thrown several hundred yards away, picked up by a homeless person, and sold for scrap before we even realized it was gone.

Would the owner's insurance company have issue with him having the AWD disabled, I wonder?

He probably kept the driveshaft zip-tied somewhere on the frame "just-in-case"...:)

Witness: "HOLY SH*T MAN, I just saw you crash!!! Glad you're alright! THat was the most.....hey! What are you doing under there, dude? You're Lambo's trashed!"

Tony: "STFU and hand me that front driveshaft, bro! I need to reattach it before the cops get here and make their report!!!"

:lol:

All I can say is that the cards will begin to stack up against CTD even more than they have previously. Non-running 2,000hp paperweight, Trashed block, and now a totaled Lambo because it was converted to RWD at the advice of retards. They may not be held liable, but nobody can deny where the idea had been planted in the owner's mind- CTD. It seems pretty evident they really have no idea what they're doing. Even their cosmetic suggestions are more than questionable.