ROADKILL!

gillbot

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, did anyone notice episodes of Roadkill are now on Netflix?

Last weekend I set our projector up on the back deck to watch a movie with the neighbors. Wife is scanning through Netflix and yell "Wait! Go. Back.". Nobody else knew what it was :(

I may have to get a Stubby Bob T-shirt (or that Nascarlo one).

I was doing it to the wife last night and made her call me "Stubby Bob". That's when things got REALLY weird. :fa::fa:

I have both.. both great episodes. The Nascarlo one is a better looking T but Stubby bob is awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
The guys are supposed to be filming at NTR this weekend. Mopar Nats posted a pic of the Challenger they just built on Facebook yesterday. I asked if Freiburger and Finnegan would be there, and they said yes but asked that everyone respect their filming schedule and that they will set aside time for autographs. I'm heading up early tomorrow, asked a friend who is there today if he has seen them yet and he said no.

Anybody watch the Buick hack episode yet? Left confused as to what the point was because at the end of it they just had a rusty body kinda sitting on a rusty bodged frame. I get that failure is a theme of roadkill (one of many) but was left with too little triumph at the end.

On a related note: anybody here sign up for MT On Demand? is it really just getting the episode one month earlier or is there a lot more content I am missing out on? I don't really want to pay for it but it is one of the few shows I actually look forward to.

Anybody watch the Buick hack episode yet? Left confused as to what the point was because at the end of it they just had a rusty body kinda sitting on a rusty bodged frame. I get that failure is a theme of roadkill (one of many) but was left with too little triumph at the end.

I just watched it. I agree, don't know what the point was, they didn't even get the wheelbase correct, so the rear wheels were a few inches too far back and it looked terrible, IMO.

One of the few episodes I didn't like. It seemed like "oh we need to do something, let's just figure it out on the fly." Even the original idea was dumb.

Hope this one isn't what can be expected going forward.

They are indeed filming at NTR right now. I ran into them a few times in the swap meet and talked with them. Really cool guys, nobody else seems to recognize them, lol. They're buying used parts for the Challenger and wrenching on it here. I was talking to Freiburger and Finnegan came up and said "Yo I think we got a lead on some seat belts", Freiburger says "Awesome!", shakes my hand and walks away.

Went out there, walked around and stood by the car for a while, didn't see them. I asked about 10 people where the Roadkill tent was, and none had heard of them.

Cool to see the car/setup, wished I could have seen them.

went to the races on Saturday at around 330 after work. watched probably 6 cars before the rain showed up, but everything was pretty much closed up by then. Even the drift demo was done for the day at 4. Did get to sit in the tower for the first time ever. Also just started watching the show on netflix a week ago.

If that show wants to rescue a barn find GTO in NYC and drive it to Ohio I may have a car in mind.

The scope of the show is still in limbo right now due to work load and staffing.

It won't be a carbon copy of what Roadkill does, just a very informal format of racing people doing racing things, and maybe a few poor choices mixed in for comedy :)

The guys just checked into FB live and are heading north on 23 in Marion right now on their way to Detroit. If anyone is up that way you might see them!

Heading out for Roadkill nights in the morning! Can't wait. My boy is gonna go nuts!

On a related note: anybody here sign up for MT On Demand? is it really just getting the episode one month earlier or is there a lot more content I am missing out on? I don't really want to pay for it but it is one of the few shows I actually look forward to.

Agreed.

On the MTOD thing, I am in the same boat. I am just sticking it out on YT. The extra Roadkill Garage show does look pretty intriguing.

For now, Roadkill, The Fab Forums, Dirt Every Day, Finnegan's Garage, Some other MT content, and my guilty pleasure - Haggard Garage seem to work well.

Petrolicious is nice when they are longer, and Hagerty has 'Barn Find Hunter' which is decent.

I wanted to like it, but Finnegan's Garage is not funny. I want to like the Green Hornet', but it's dumb watching Finnegan learn about Clifford Performance and rag on them, while seeing a couple of Georgians NOT do burnouts on a backwoods road. It's like Haggard Garage with adults.

At least Roadkill has a production crew and looks professional for free content. Dirt Every Day is surprisingly good: Fred is a goofball, but there is enough off-road trail tech and creative wrenching to keep me intadested. Overall, Motor Trend has very good content (also like Head2Head, Ignition, and The Racing Line)...I hope enough of you are paying for MTOD to keep the free content coming for me! :p

Also love Harry's Garage, One Takes (The Smoking Tire), Petrolicious...