Need new tires

None of the tires you listed are the least bit good for any sort of tracking. Most of them are plain jane all-seasons. If you're the least bit serious about a good street tire, this is what you should be looking at:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?customSizeSearch=&width=205%2F&ratio=50&diameter=15

Kuhmo XS.

Cheap, sticky, (not great in the rain, ok, piss poor in the rain) but great cheap AutoX tire that takes a beating.

This...XS is $100 a tire but it's the cheapest "Sticky" tire out there.

...though my other suggestions would be Bridgestone RE-11's at $113 a tire or BFG Rival @ $114 a tire.

The BFG Rival is the fastest sticky street tire out there right now. RE-11 will be the best if you have to drive in the wet. XS will be cheap and almost as good as the other two.

None of the tires you listed are the least bit good for any sort of tracking. Most of them are plain jane all-seasons. If you're the least bit serious about a good street tire, this is what you should be looking at:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?customSizeSearch=&width=205%2F&ratio=50&diameter=15

I have to completely agree.

Looking at new tires for primarily track use

Will these be on a separate set of wheels and only used at the track? Driven to/from the track on? Or street wheels/tires that are also used at the track? Can I also assume we're taking about the road course and not auto-x?

Will these be on a separate set of wheels and only used at the track? Driven to/from the track on? Or street wheels/tires that are also used at the track? Can I also assume we're taking about the road course and not auto-x?

I will have these on a seperate set of wheels, they will be used for 3/4 of the year. they will also be used for autoX and at midohio this year.

Greg, ill sell you my wheels/ tires set that's on my miata right now if you're interested.

Wheels are 15x7 racing dynamics in flat black @ http://www.goodwinracing.com

Tires are brand new nitto nt450 205/55/15

This is a light set perfect for autocross etc..

I'm wanting wider wheels/tires so I can put power down

Greg, ill sell you my wheels/ tires set that's on my miata right now if you're interested.

Wheels are 15x7 racing dynamics in flat black @ http://www.goodwinracing.com

Tires are brand new nitto nt450 205/55/15

This is a light set perfect for autocross etc..

I'm wanting wider wheels/tires so I can put power down

I have a set of 15's and 2 good tires, just need 2 more tires for the backs since someone was burnout happy ;)

I will have these on a seperate set of wheels, they will be used for 3/4 of the year. they will also be used for autoX and at midohio this year.

If you HAVE to keep to your original list the the Dunlop will likely do the best. That being said you'll chunk the crap out of any on your list at Mid Ohio. Andy's suggestions are your best bet while keeping it cheap.

If you HAVE to keep to your original list the the Dunlop will likely do the best. That being said you'll chunk the crap out of any on your list at Mid Ohio. Andy's suggestions are your best bet while keeping it cheap.

of course you are going to side with him!! he's your brother!

I have a set of 15's and 2 good tires, just need 2 more tires for the backs since someone was burnout happy ;)

Wait, so you are asking for suggestions for 2 tires for the track to match with 2 "good tires"? LOL

Gerg, I don't even know what to say to you...

If you truly want to enjoy the car on track and autocross, I would buy some better tires than the ones you have listed. Eat ramen noodles for a couple of weeks, or cut your budget somewhere else. You will thank yourself in the end if you buy the 'proper' equipment to enjoy your whip........

If you truly want to enjoy the car on track and autocross, I would buy some better tires than the ones you have listed. Eat ramen noodles for a couple of weeks, or cut your budget somewhere else. You will thank yourself in the end if you buy the 'proper' equipment to enjoy your whip........

This.

I went cheap on summer tires this time, and while they are better than the stock A/S tires, they are VERY underwhelming in a car as capable as the R.

They lock up under hard braking with the stock pads :dumb: and are simply not enough for even a stock R, with a novice driver. I wish I would have spent the extra $200 on something better. :no:

of course you are going to side with him!! he's your brother!

He just happens to be correct in this instance (among others). If you want the car to stick and the tires to take the abuse you should at least step up to the Kuhmo. You'll enjoy the track much better that way.

That being said Derek will be the first to come in here and point out that I bought/run the cheapest damn tire out ther for my street tires on the FD, but I also have different wheels and tires for when I want it to stick.

This.

I went cheap on summer tires this time, and while they are better than the stock A/S tires, they are VERY underwhelming in a car as capable as the R.

They lock up under hard braking with the stock pads :dumb: and are simply not enough for even a stock R, with a novice driver. I wish I would have spent the extra $200 on something better. :no:

duhhh

...though my other suggestions would be BFG Rival @ $114 a tire.

The BFG Rival is the fastest sticky street tire out there right now.

I have been hearing good things about these this season. At that price i would just get 4 of them and be done.