Getting married...but where?

Zx2guy19

Hey guys,

I was recently engaged back in December and my Fiance and I are in the process of tracking down a venue.

A few things...all of her family is still in Panama except her parents and 2 sisters, so we are only looking to have 60-80 people.

I'd love to keep it right around 5k for reception/wedding. I think that is realistic with that few of people. I want the place to have the ability to have alcohol (aka, no state parks or anything) and I'd like that 5k to include alcohol. Not trying to be a cheap ass, it's just that my fiance and I agree that spending a crap load of money on a wedding isn't the smartest thing in the world.

So, where has everyone else gotten married and what was the cost and how many people? Open to all ideas!

We had quite a few more guests than you've mentioned, so our budget was a bit higher, but we had our wedding on a Friday, so the vender costs were a bit less.

Ours was right around 10k, but our food was the most expensive part. FIL owns his own wine store, so our liquor was provided.

We got married at winding hollow in new Albany

http://www.windinghollow.com/Events/Wedding-Image-Gallery-24.html

We had this guy do our photos.. he was awesome

http://benjaminjamesphotography.com/

Price well not cheap but your soon going to realize that 5k for a weddings going to be pretty limited.

Between the church, venue, linnen company(depending if the venue does or doesn't provide them with the venue) DJ, cateress, photographer/videographer if you want one , Also if you want to have things like a photo booth (was a huge hit at our wedding)

Hell our open bar was more than your budget . Might look into places that you can bring your own alchol and get a few kegs or something.

I would give you some advice, but I don't think it will be helpful at all since your budget is 5k. Mine just costed my FIL like 40k..

yeah I found that's really easy to do :lol:

If I could do it all over again, and had $5k to do it, here is what I would do....

Take the Misses, Best Man and Maid of Honor to the Court House and have a cheap fast wedding.

I would spend the rest of that $$$ on as big of a party as I could! Food, Beer, Booze, friends and family!!!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I am willing to listen to anyone who can get me good deals, hah! Thanks everyone.

We have an appointment next Tuesday to see the Crown Plaza in Dublin. That's looking like $30 per meal which would be in line with our budget.

Laura and I will probably get married at the courthouse and all 5k will go towards the reception. She is on board with that.

Thanks for all the help everyone! I have bee trying to get a hold of Tall Timbers with no luck, I'll give it another shot. That looks like an awesome option.

I am willing to listen to anyone who can get me good deals, hah! Thanks everyone.

We have an appointment next Tuesday to see the Crown Plaza in Dublin. That's looking like $30 per meal which would be in line with our budget.

Laura and I will probably get married at the courthouse and all 5k will go towards the reception. She is on board with that.

Thanks for all the help everyone! I have bee trying to get a hold of Tall Timbers with no luck, I'll give it another shot. That looks like an awesome option.

$30 per meal is average on a wedding, but not with your 5k budget. You still have a florist, photographer, DJ, I'd suggest no alcohol due to the budget, wedding cake, invitations.

5k budget 60-80 people. I'd get a cheap caterer that has a license to serve alcohol, lets you buy your own alcohol and go to north bank park.

We got married at Oakhurst Country Club in Grove City. Was the best deal we found. If i remember correctly we paid right around 5k for a ceremony and reception. Got a deal for having the wedding early in the day (1030am) and they managed to give us the off wedding season rate. Only thing we had to do extra was cake, DJ and clothing. Didnt bother with a Photographer since her aunt had a nice camera, and didnt do an open bar since we did an early wedding. Save money where you can. Although we both agree that if we had to do it again we would do it cheaper. Like back yard style and city BBQ cater or something. Spending even as little as we did, is still spending alot of money on a few hours.

Here's what we did to save some money. We paid for our entire wedding, but registered for our Honeymoon (since we didn't need a bunch of shit we weren't going to use or already had). Before we got on the plane for Jamaica, the trip was already paid for by our friends and family.

$30 per meal is average on a wedding, but not with your 5k budget. You still have a florist, photographer, DJ, I'd suggest no alcohol due to the budget, wedding cake, invitations.

5k budget 60-80 people. I'd get a cheap caterer that has a license to serve alcohol, lets you buy your own alcohol and go to north bank park.

Definitely still looking there. That was her first choice and then we kind of stepped back when we saw we had to outsource alcohol. I'm sure it's not a huge deal, just sounds expensive.

my 1st gf was half Panamean and half Haitian... well she still is

....... good luck, OP!

She is 100% Panama, and extremely fiesty. We've tamed each other though....it works haha

Get married at county building with parents/siblings present, go on kickass honeymoon, come back for a catered party with beers?

We aren't ruling out courthouse for marriage and then another place for a great reception.

Here's what we did to save some money. We paid for our entire wedding, but registered for our Honeymoon (since we didn't need a bunch of shit we weren't going to use or already had). Before we got on the plane for Jamaica, the trip was already paid for by our friends and family.

Tim- That sounds like an awesome idea. I already own a house with literally everything I need, why get a bunch of extra stuff? We have already decided on Cancun, so that would be awesome.

Thanks everyone for all the help. Tall Timbers contacted me back and sent me some killer information. It's looking like that is the best bang for the buck, right around 4200 without alcohol. We buy cake, my friend is a DJ and photography, we should be good to go.

Plus like another $500 on making shit from Pintrest, haha.

My fiance and I are getting married in September at Autumn Lake campgrounds North of Sunbury. It's a dry township but they have a serving license so you can provide your own alcohol. Were looking at around 150 people and won't be much over 5k including dinner and alcohol, (not with dj, florist and such)

http://www.autumnlakescampground.com/catering.html

You can register for your trip thru AAA. If you want, I can get you my mother-in-law's contact info. She manages one here in town.

Yeah that would be cool. I am a long time AAA member and that sounds like a good idea. I was kind of hoping her dad would offer to help with SOMETHING...but he hasn't mentioned anything. Either way, I appreciative that he has paid for her entire undergrad and when she finished her masters we will only owe 18k.