Ohio Minuteman Militia

LJ

if it's the same group i'm thinking of... it is a group of dudes that play military by spending money out of their own pocket, buying old uniforms, equipment, etc. they think they'll be called up by the governor in case of a domestic war or natural disaster.

Wonder if it's the same guys I hear about down where I hunt. I was talking to some older locals down there last year and told them I kept hearing a 50cal all afternoon. They said it was a militia group down there. Not sure how much it costs to target shoot with a 50cal but I imagine it's not real cheap and those guys were rocking and rolling.

if it's the same group i'm thinking of... it is a group of dudes that play military by spending money out of their own pocket, buying old uniforms, equipment, etc. they think they'll be called up by the governor in case of a domestic war or natural disaster.

You know...you can just dial 1-800-GOGAURD and reallllyyy be called up.

Oh wow...just...wow. Why not join a military reserve unit?

Incidentally, I only recently learned that Ohio actually does have a state militia AND a state navy.

Both are independent of the National Guard, although the militia drills with the Guard on Broad St. So if these people wanted to serve the governor in some capacity, there's legitimate options.

I'm assuming that these people join these independent militia groups because they just want to play army, or they disagree with the government but want to "serve the people"

Check this out, http://www.sodf.org/

I've met some of them at army truck shows.

those guys are only a couple miles from my tree stand.......the problem is the firing I was hearing last fall was coming from the opposite direction. Wonder if they have more than one range? I thought maybe I was getting an echo off a ridge but my stand was on the top of a ridge last year so I'm pretty sure of the direction it was coming from. It was definitely a large caliber gun being fired....like a 50cal.