I am Clay's new car

zeitgeist57

Holy shit, does this mean an end to the near constant "should I buy this or that"? threads from Clay? There is a God!

Let me be clear...

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2012/10/16/1350389079966/Bill-Clinton-in-an-Obama--011.jpg

I

WILL

NOT

MAKE

ANOTHER

CR REVIEW THREAD...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be clear...

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2012/10/16/1350389079966/Bill-Clinton-in-an-Obama--011.jpg

I

WILL

NOT

MAKE

ANOTHER

CR REVIEW THREAD...

:yuno:

Holy shit, does this mean an end to the near constant "should I buy this or that"? threads from Clay? There is a God!

I'll +rep you for beating me to this, but at the same time, quote me when I say "don't hold your breath"

can we get a pool for how long before he creates another similar thread?

can we get a pool for how long before he creates another similar thread?

I have $100 on the next review being 1 day after he picks it up in July.

Nice pick up Clay. Should prove fun and 318 or not, it's likely faster than your VW ;)

• 1 month later...

Hola, chicas...

So, I've been a patient boy and the time is coming up! My wife and kids are down in Naples, and the wifey has been driving it. She grew up with a e30 325 so the stick and driving is very familiar to her. She really likes it...and for you committed guys you know that's a big plus!:thumbup:

However, two things have come up:

1) Originally, my wife and kids were going to come home with me from Naples when I go down to pick up the car. Pragmatic thinking has prevailed; she and the keeds are flying back now. Looks like I'll be making the 15-hour return trip from Naples to C'bus meself :fa:

2) I had Sean (Crossle) fix up the Passat - new TB/waterpump/etc - because it was going to be "retired" to our condo: I would drive it down this weekend and then drive the 318 back. Welp, the wifey is now questioning how effective the Bimmer is going to be in the wintertime, so for this year I'm keeping the Passat in OH as my winter beater and I'll fly down one-way. I'm actually very happy with this agreement as it'll keep the BMW much cleaner, and if we want to take the Passat to FL permanently I can always do that next year.

Will provide updates when I get the car!

so you are going to have the BMW and the Passat here for the winter?

Yup.

Once we can move back into my house, the BMW will get the Passat's garage slot. Sorry, Passat...Cleetus has some space next to him on the driveway...:masturboy:

So, you're concerned about snow traction with an 80-hp RWD in OH. Did the possibility of a winter tire set ever cross your mind ?

Or the possibility that any more we see maybe 1.5 days where the roads are somewhat slick and never any snow in the winter anymore. LOL.

Do whatever you want Clay. As far as driving back without the fam, hey, at least you can drive a little more spirited. :)

So, you're concerned about snow traction with an 80-hp RWD in OH. Did the possibility of a winter tire set ever cross your mind ?

Not really, because I didn't plan on driving the BMW much in the winter anyway. That's what Cleetus and my Odyssey are for. $heeeeeeit...I drive Cleetus in the snow anyway! When I had the Corvette, I DD'd that bish in the winter.

CHIGGIDY CZECH YO'SELF, TOM...

Wife wanted to keep the Passat up in Columbus. #IveGotNoProblemWithThat.

I like the fact that I'll still be able to keep the miles/salt off the BMW in the wintertime.