I think I'm finally ready for a BRZ

Doc1647545523

Does anyone have a ballpark price estimate of what a shop such as Crawford or Accelerated Performance gets for one of these built monsters?

IIRC, one of the comments on the video, or on Jalopnik said a Crawford car sold for $60k fully built on eBay

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really miss your humor, Norm. no homo

Miss you too Doc, I should be coming up for a week later in the summer and I have yet to see the upgraded "Doc's Hangout".....I'll start fishing for an invitation soon.

Is the leather, navi, and hid's worth the extra $6000??????

If that's the major difference, then it's not worth the $6000 premium to me. I actually prefer a cloth interior and my own Garmin, and there's a good chance that it would get racing buckets anyway. I presume that the performance shops don't care if they get a Scion or a Subie as a donor car, although I'd need to research that.

I'd also have to see if the appearance mods Draco has made would be fully compatible with the power/handling upgrades these shops offer. I think his car is nearly perfect with the changes he's made, although I may need a different tire/wheel combination to complement a major build.

Lots to consider before trying to scrape together the funds.....

The rumor for some time has been that part of the deal between Subaru and Toyota is that Toyota would get a larger percentage of the production run for the first year. Top Gear said that it was 90%, Drive recently said it was 5:1, the actual sales numbers in the US seem to be around 2.5:1 or 3:1, but Toyota probably has way more dealers worldwide so the 90% number might end up being close to accurate.

FWIW, Neither Toyota nor Subaru really want to confirm it, but if it's true, it would explain why Subaru dealers are marking them up. Doesn't explain why anyone would pay the markup, though. I drove a BR-Z and it's not a GT car; it's basically a stripper model anyway, might as well get the actual stripper model and save the cash. The front bumper looks better but that's not worth much.

• 4 weeks later...
My head hits the roof, I can't fit in one.

Interdasting...I test drove one for a solid 45 minutes before I almost committed to buying it, I was actually fairly comfortable.

But then again, I'm somewhat used to being cramped in cars so that may be why I didn't notice it...:dumb:

I thought the seat bolsters might be too aggressive for someone of my girth, but I felt comfortable in it. I was considering new seats anyway, but may not need that.

I've narrowed it down to the FRS, but still haven't connected with the guys at Accelerated to see how much I'll have to set aside for the mods I want. Byers Delaware is selling at MSRP without any steep destination fee markup. If anyone finds any end-of-the-model-year deals (not likely for Scion) on the base model, please PM me. I'm looking for just the base model, manual, in blue.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/7894989012_75f9fce220_z_zpsce25951b.jpg

I thought the seat bolsters might be too aggressive for someone of my girth, but I felt comfortable in it.

This was one of the only complaints I had with the vehicle, I like having a little room. If I remember right I also disliked how far the pedals sat towards the front of the vehicle in relation to where the dash stopped. I felt like I had to bring my knees up to my chest to get out, but not everyone is 6'6". I also laughed when the salesman told me the Prius used close to or the exact same size/brand of tire as the 86's :dumb:.

This was one of the only complaints I had with the vehicle, I like having a little room. If I remember right I also disliked how far the pedals sat towards the front of the vehicle in relation to where the dash stopped. I felt like I had to bring my knees up to my chest to get out, but not everyone is 6'6". I also laughed when the salesman told me the Prius used close to or the exact same size/brand of tire as the 86's :dumb:.

The Primacy HP tire is used by Porsche too. The difference is that it's the Prius "Performance" tire and the Porsche "Economy" tire.

I thought the seat bolsters might be too aggressive for someone of my girth, but I felt comfortable in it. I was considering new seats anyway, but may not need that.

I've narrowed it down to the FRS, but still haven't connected with the guys at Accelerated to see how much I'll have to set aside for the mods I want. Byers Delaware is selling at MSRP without any steep destination fee markup. If anyone finds any end-of-the-model-year deals (not likely for Scion) on the base model, please PM me. I'm looking for just the base model, manual, in blue.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/7894989012_75f9fce220_z_zpsce25951b.jpg

I wish I could have been around more lately, I'd be more than willing to let you drive mine.

I'm about to drop the hammer on a bunch of mods for it too. ACT Clutch with Pro-Lite flywheel, CF driveshaft, Header-back exhaust, engine/trans mounts, diff bushings, and sways. That should pretty much bring out the most of what the car is.

But it's all to prepare for this:

1010890_10102482412182917_1702514949_n.jpg?dl=1

With maybe a little Meth if I'm feeling punchy:

1000423_10102482411988307_1073348398_n.jpg?dl=1

Down the road it may see some Moonshine, an Intercooler, and a smaller pulley.

Certainly not up to your power standards, but it should be very close to what I want. I can't wait to see the beast you build.

Well, I pulled the trigger today.

Blue FRS, manual, no options, build date 6-21-13, hoping for delivery first week of July. Then, off to Accelerated to get the warranty voided. :p

Hitting the streets of Columbus by this time next month, if all goes well. :masturboy:

Blue FRS, manual, no options, build date 6-21-13, hoping for delivery first week of July. Then, off to Accelerated to get the warranty voided. :p

Hitting the streets of Columbus by this time next month, if all goes well. :masturboy:

Oh man, I am excited.

Congrats!

Can't wait to violate it. :gabe: