I think I'm finally ready for a BRZ

Doc1647545523

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that, but you'll be wrong.

+1 Welcome to the real world.

I saw a warranty voided when I worked at the dealer becouse the guy was seen ot the drag strip manually shifting a Lightning at like 9k ... It came in needed a engine... he was pissed when he got the bill...

The warranty isn't voided; the claims were denied. There's a difference.

Now does this mean the dealership will happilly fix that tick in the engine when you show up stanced? Not always. But legally they have to honor the warranty until the changes caused the issue. The unfortunate side is that if the dealership makes a stink, it becomes the customer's problem to decide if they want to lawyer up or not.

But any dealership service on the up-and-up won't deny a warranty claim on something completely unrelated.

I gots maaad love for Doc, but I gotta ask:

WHY BUY A TOYOBARU NOW (even to mod it) WHEN A HOTTER VERSION IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER?

That being said, sounds like you'll have quite the screamer, Doc! :) Look forward to seeing it soon.

WHY BUY A TOYOBARU NOW (even to mod it) WHEN A HOTTER VERSION IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER?

That being said, sounds like you'll have quite the screamer, Doc! :) Look forward to seeing it soon.

Nobody has time for that

I encourage you to continue to profess your maaad love for me. :masturboy:

There's always a "hotter version" just around the next corner according to the marketing departments, isn't there? I'll gladly line up against any hotter versions when/if they show up.

And, as JEWTOYS indicated, Carpe diem!

yep, sales guy said that a change in the frame height (from the ground) voids it.

BS. Guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Of course, your milage will vary depending on dealership. This is why I'm on good, first name terms with most everyone at the service dept at Toyota here in Delaware. Trust me, makes a difference.

The warranty isn't voided; the claims were denied. There's a difference.

Now does this mean the dealership will happilly fix that tick in the engine when you show up stanced? Not always. But legally they have to honor the warranty until the changes caused the issue. The unfortunate side is that if the dealership makes a stink, it becomes the customer's problem to decide if they want to lawyer up or not.

But any dealership service on the up-and-up won't deny a warranty claim on something completely unrelated.

Again, this is why it's important to get in good with a dealer service dept for situations like this. The service, warranty or otherwise, may vary greatly from dealer to dealer.

I can tell you it does vary GREATLY just between Byers Toyota in Delaware and Chesrown Chevy right across the street. :rolleyes: