I think I'm finally ready for a BRZ

Doc1647545523

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I pulled the trigger today.

Blue FRS, manual, no options, build date 6-21-13, hoping for delivery first week of July. Then, off to Accelerated to get the warranty voided. :p

Hitting the streets of Columbus by this time next month, if all goes well. :masturboy:

Love the color Doc! Should be a very fun ride and a great car. Based on what I've seen and heard, I have little doubt it will be a highly demanded car down the road should you choose to sell it. Otherwise, in the mean time, it will be a lot of fun. Congrats and can't wait to see it.

Well, I pulled the trigger today.

Blue FRS, manual, no options, build date 6-21-13, hoping for delivery first week of July. Then, off to Accelerated to get the warranty voided. :p

Hitting the streets of Columbus by this time next month, if all goes well. :masturboy:

Congratulations! I'm hoping by early fall next year (RAV will be paid off) to pick one up. Looking forward to seeing it.

They're not the first to LS swap into this body. Not much appeal in that for me because of the increased weight. When paying someone to do the swap for me, the total outlay of funds is similar to what I'm already doing. And what Accelerated will produce should be about the same horsepower but lighter.

Also, I'm relieved that WheelMedic agreed to come on board and handle the wheel and tire decisions for me as they've done in the past.

Alex L was key to getting me in contact with Don at Accelerated, and Farkas is the aesthetic director for the project. :p

I feel fortunate that the members and sponsors on CR are looking out for me on this build. :thumbup:

They're not the first to LS swap into this body. Not much appeal in that for me because of the increased weight. When paying someone to do the swap for me, the total outlay of funds is similar to what I'm already doing. And what Accelerated will produce should be about the same horsepower but lighter.

Also, I'm relieved that WheelMedic agreed to come on board and handle the wheel and tire decisions for me as they've done in the past.

Alex L was key to getting me in contact with Don at Accelerated, and Farkas is the aesthetic director for the project. :p

I feel fortunate that the members and sponsors on CR are looking out for me on this build. :thumbup:

I was just thinking room to grow in the future if you ever want more power, but you seem to be pretty set on your goals :). Also the article stated that the LSx motor is only about 80-90lbs heavier than the stock motor. Now I'm curious if you plan to go with the supercharger kit and how much weight the modifications would add relative to the stock motor weight. I'm not really trying to sway you one way or the other as each has its pros and cons, I'm just curious what the differences will be when its all said and done. Either way its a very nice looking car in my opinion and I'm sure when you take delivery, it will be plenty fast.

What ever you do.... It needs more low.

Thanks for the opinion, P, but it's actually the other Farkas who is the aesthetic director. :p

I'm getting my new FR-S as I type.

Congrats! To anyone else buying one soon, keep in mind that FLYBYE on here is a sales rep and will take good care of you.

I was just thinking room to grow in the future if you ever want more power, but you seem to be pretty set on your goals :). Also the article stated that the LSx motor is only about 80-90lbs heavier than the stock motor. Now I'm curious if you plan to go with the supercharger kit and how much weight the modifications would add relative to the stock motor weight. I'm not really trying to sway you one way or the other as each has its pros and cons, I'm just curious what the differences will be when its all said and done. Either way its a very nice looking car in my opinion and I'm sure when you take delivery, it will be plenty fast.

Even if an LSx swap gave me more horsepower, less weight, and was a lower price, I still wouldn't do it. I'm not a purist by any stretch, but I think a swap is only appropriate if it improves the overall situation. After you've blown up 3 rotaries in your RX7, you can be forgiven for doing an LS swap.

In the case of this car, an LSx swap IMO does violence to the spirit in which this car was created. Maybe I'm just being naïve here, but for me, the ethos of this car celebrates the collaboration of the best from both Toyota and Subaru engineering departments, something born out of homage to the AE86's from the 1980's, something to celebrate a balance and a joy of driving that seems to have been lost in the bigger, heavier, computer-traction-controlled, AWD, more powerful, sports cars we have today.

I admit, I'm being more poetic than practical here, but I've driven and sometimes owned many of the legendary marques, and in my experience, much of the driving involvement lies more in the myth than in the metal. And putting an LSx in one of these cars would desecrate it in my mind.