New (to me) used car

ImUrOBGYN

So, in the quest to find a reliable, utilitarian, good on gas but still something not completely soul crushing I came upon this for a about 2k cheaper than I could find one anywhere.

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT. It's the basically a reskinned Toyota Matrix XRS. They were made for 3 years with the 180hp, 1.8L and 6speed from the Celica GTS. This also came with firmer springs and shocks, stiffer control-arm bushings, thicker anti-roll bars, and standard ABS on four disc brakes bearing Akebono calipers.

It's suprisingly roomy as even I can sit in the back seat. It has an incredible amount of utility. So many cubby spaces and storage. Even a couple a/c plugs. So far, I'm averaging 30mpg, however I haven't been running in lift all the time either. It's not a blazing rocket, but running it thru lift and to it's 8200rpm rev limit could become all too addicting. Here are a couple pics from the 'nets. These are not pics of my actual car. Haven't had a chance to snap some pics, yet. It's in incredible shape, though; both inside and out.

No plate on the front of mine or holes. Looks so much better without the plate. Already debated with the gf about it. lol

Click for larger pics.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/ImUrOBGYN/th_2003PontiacVibeGT_zps5b0c47b4.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/ImUrOBGYN/th_2003PontiacVibeGTInterior_zps65f6ade7.jpg

Do those suffer cam lobe wiping like the Elise's? If so pull that valve cover off and check, under a 300$ fix for the new cam

Not an issue that I am aware of though they can wear the lift bolts which is a $100 fix. This car seems at this point, though. The only thing that's really needed fixing is one of the front struts could be replaced and the tires, which were replaced yesterday.

The only thing on the inside that doesnt work properly is also the only GM sourced part... the radio. No biggie, though. I pushed on dem buttons real hard like once and now theys works normally.

I'll check into that, though. Thanks for the heads up.