Imported from Detroit

Mallard

Officially.

8571_10151643908120399_1181050107_n.jpg

As I mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago (and a few people picked up on and asked me about), I was in the process of quitting my current job. I'm starting my new job on Monday.

I don't drive a Chrysler, so I'll have to park farther away from the doors for a while, but the search is on for a new car.

Welcome to the FIAT/Chrysler family. You in Auburn Hills?

EDIT: I also don't drive a Chrysler. They gave me guff for a while.

Thanks.

Yea, I'll be in the Tech Center in Auburn Hills, but I'm sure I'll be out at the proving grounds a lot too. I hear the employee lease deals are pretty decent, so I may sell the Equinox and try to pick something up for cheap.

Thanks.

Yea, I'll be in the Tech Center in Auburn Hills, but I'm sure I'll be out at the proving grounds a lot too. I hear the employee lease deals are pretty decent, so I may sell the Equinox and try to pick something up for cheap.

My coworker loves his Journey, though I wish they'd offer it with the FIAT Freemont (EU version) turbodiesel in the US. Or just wait for the Alfa Giulia to arrive.

Even people at Chrysler don't drive Chryslers... lol...

I worked for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury for a while as well, and my need for a fun car now outweighed my patience in waiting for an Alfa Giulia. I was sad when they announced the U.S. wouldn't get a Punto/Punto Abarth.

Do they let you park in the Chrysler vehicles lot closer to the doors if you drive any FIAT?

Yeah, any Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, Fiat, should be able to park in the close spots.

My coworker loves his Journey, though I wish they'd offer it with the FIAT Freemont (EU version) turbodiesel in the US. Or just wait for the Alfa Giulia to arrive.

Yeah, I really like the 2011+ Journey. It's been a consideration and is probably a front-runner to replace the Equinox. The wife likes the Grand Cherokee too, but I can't sell her on the need for an SRT. I have only driven one Journey with the FIAT diesel in it (3 years ago) and I was impressed.

I was sad when they announced the U.S. wouldn't get a Punto/Punto Abarth.

I think it was a mistake to bring the 500 instead of the Alfa MiTo. I would love to have one of those as a daily.

Congrats!

What's 'tech center' mean, is that basically R&D or something else? What area/part of the vehicle?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1693783&postcount=45 :)

"Tech center" is the main engineering headquarters.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=chrysler+tech+center&hl=en&ll=42.654541,-83.232894&spn=0.010684,0.022337&sll=45.00109,-86.270553&sspn=10.517818,22.873535&t=h&hnear=Chrysler+Tech+Center&z=16

I'm in driver assistance/active safety.

As someone who vacations in Detroit twice a year enjoy it! It's sad to see the state of some of the city but there is definitely plenty to do and enjoy, and some of the best music entertainment in the country!

I think it was a mistake to bring the 500 instead of the Alfa MiTo. I would love to have one of those as a daily.

We may yet get some form of MiTo. Between FIAT and Alfa, I'd expect to see 8-10 new models in the next couple years. I know the 500X has been in development (think Juke) and there's going to be some sort of Kubang-based SUV coming.

If you were impressed with the FIAT diesel, and wifey likes the GC, get a 3.0L diesel GC. VM Motori makes it, which is jointly owned by FIAT and GM.

If you were impressed with the FIAT diesel, and wifey likes the GC, get a 3.0L diesel GC. VM Motori makes it, which is jointly owned by FIAT and GM.

My friends dad is a manager at VM and I've heard a lot about this engine. I've already been trying to sell the wife on this (since the SRT won't fly), but the super cheap lease deals will probably be on the 3.6.

I want something modern (Journey, GC, 300), unless I convince her to keep the Equinox and get a Stealth TT.

I'm guessing 2015, maybe MY2016 we'll have a car based on this concept sharing the MX-5 platform:

http://www.italiantestdriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Alfa-romeo-Duettottanta.jpg

I'm guessing 2015, maybe MY2016 we'll have a car based on this concept sharing the MX-5 platform:

http://www.italiantestdriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Alfa-romeo-Duettottanta.jpg

wow thats a good looking ride