Overhanging Tree Laws

Rocky31186

My neighbor who doesnt speak english and rarely home has a tree that is hanging well over the property line. The base of the tree is maybe 1' from my property. Branches as low as 4' from the ground spreading out 15' or so.

He "trimmed" it last year by cutting a couple branches off. But I am sick of mowing under it and smacking my head into the branches.

Im trying to locate pickerington / columbus laws on overhanging trees.

I have read it is not legal for me to cut any branches. Isnt there a form I can fill out where the city can tell him to cut it?

It is low hanging over the sidewalk and almost in the street.

My neighbor who doesnt speak english and rarely home has a tree that is hanging well over the property line. The base of the tree is maybe 1' from my property. Branches as low as 4' from the ground spreading out 15' or so.

He "trimmed" it last year by cutting a couple branches off. But I am sick of mowing under it and smacking my head into the branches.

Im trying to locate pickerington / columbus laws on overhanging trees.

I have read it is not legal for me to cut any branches. Isnt there a form I can fill out where the city can tell him to cut it?

It is low hanging over the sidewalk and almost in the street.

I'm in the city of picketington and everyone around here trims any branches that hang over the property line and no shits are given. You should see the weeping willow tree my neighbor destroyed lol

Thanks, but was hoping someone has already been through the hoops.

:)

I trim my neighbors pine tree that sits behind our garage yearly. I don't even think she knows it's there. It hangs well 8-10 feet into my property line. I can't get to the top but I have a 10-20 foot saw that works pretty well.

I would still call the city though.. maybe they have something online?

Check with the city but IMO you'll be fine. Just don't cut off enough to kill it. If he says anything, just tell him you don't speak his language and then end the sentence with fuck off and die. Chances are you tower over him anyway and I doubt he will confront you.

What are you trying to say?

You're a big dude and if you cut a small Asian guys tree down I doubt he's going to call you a motherfucker for doing so. :gabe:

If he does, just do a 4 wheel burnout on his lawn and run over him

As a matter of fact I do.:fuckyeah:
Townhouse\condo is not the same as a single family home. Honestly not sure on how to handle it I am on great terms with my neighbors. Best thing I can say to do is try to talk to them about it. If you can't reach them write a letter if they can address it by said date that you will clean it up yourself.