Weather geeks come on in!

mrs.cos

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Andrew Michael saying?

Having just flown through tropical storm Andrea last week going to FL, ain't skeered.

Don't know don't watch ABC news. Chris Bradleys a huge weather nerd so I tend to follow him mostly

Shrug... if it's anything like last year, we'll get another 5-10 new customers representing about 15 racks worth of physical install, another equivalent amount of virtual, some tape backup/DR, and a bunch of bored IT workers camping in the office because we've got power and their houses don't.

Bring it!!!

I don't see conditions matching Derecho. Storm yes, as bad as last year, no.

To be fair, Eric Elwell did say this

UPDATE: New computer models in tonight still show potential for widespread severe weather tomorrow. While a derecho-type system is possible, if one does develop, it most will likely _not_ be as intense as the "super-derecho" of last year. So we have to be careful not to compare what is forecasted to what happened last June. It is just a good idea to review what happened last year so we aren't caught off-guard should a severe wind event occur tomorrow.

Here is what we are expected at this point: There will likely be two rounds of severe storms tomorrow, one more isolated during the afternoon... and then the large cluster of storms that could bring widespread strong to severe winds late tomorrow night. Just pay attention to any watches and warnings tomorrow into tomorrow night. Let's hope for the best but prepare for the worst, just in case. Chris will have the latest information on 10TV News at 11pm. Have a great night everyone and we'll touch base as anything new comes in :) -Eric

NWS-

.MID-UPPER MS VALLEY AND OH VALLEY REGION AND SRN GREAT LAKES...

POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR A WIDESPREAD SEVERE WEATHER EVENT /MAINLY IN

THE FORM OF DAMAGING WIND AND LARGE HAIL/ TO OCCUR OVER A PORTION OF

THE OH VALLEY BEGINNING WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON INTO THE EVENING. RICH

GULF MOISTURE WITH LOW 70S DEWPOINTS RESIDE OVER THE LOWER MS

VALLEY. BROAD ZONE OF SWLY LOW-LEVEL WINDS WILL ADVECT THIS MOISTURE

NEWD INTO THE OH VALLEY BENEATH EWD EXPANDING PLUME OF STEEP

MID-LEVEL LAPSE RATES. THESE PROCESSES AND DIABATIC WARMING WILL

CONTRIBUTE TO A FAIRLY LARGE RESERVOIR OF STRONG INSTABILITY

/2500-3000 J/KG MLCAPE/ OVER THE OH VALLEY GENERALLY ALONG AND SOUTH

OF THE NWD ADVANCING WARM FRONT.

Im glad I just filled up my gas tank, if people flip out again like last year there will be lines of people getting gas to fill their generators... if they didnt return them.

Good point. My daily is sucking vapors so I better go do that. Will check the wife's car too.

I am concerned enough I'll be testing the generator and moving shit inside.

Just fired ours up last week. Check!

And if we are w/o power for a while, at least it won't be 90+ freaking degrees again.

IIRC today is supposed to be close to 90*

I may go pick up a generator big enough to power my freezer and that's it. I just bought a 1/4 cow haha.

Other than that, I work all day every day so as long as we have power here, I'm good. The only other proactive measure I'm doing is moving my brand new Accord into the garage and moving the 240 into the driveway.

When the storm hit last year We got a generator Closest place we found was Sandusky No one aroun bad them drove up and got it We were without electric for a week ( thanks AEP still paying for that shit)

Dayton was unscathed last year. Had power and A/C while sitting on my bum indoors. Listening to how bad Cbus got hit on the news and giggled.

Haha same! Except I am finishing my move to columbus Friday. Hope my power stays on otherwise unpacking via flashlight will be fun. :dumb: