Took 10 years but finally got ripped off.....

xlr8tn

I've been using paypal & ebay for 10 years not to mention the countless car parts I've bought & sold on the car forums and finally got burned this week. Listed a kindle for sale for my wife & check out my paypal to find I have $100 listing fee from ebay. Obviously a flag went up so I called ebay to find that someone had gotten into my ebay account. Called paypal & they were actually pretty decent to deal with & did a reversal. I'm guessing they see that a lot. I've always been careful with how I do anything internet related but I guess it's only a matter of time.

Consider myself lucky really because I've known some people that's lost quite a bit of money to that kinda thing. Still not sure how they got me but my son has been doing a lot more stuff on the computer so I'm guessing he's clicked a link he wasn't supposed too. I gotta check everything over when I get home (at Va Beach right now) and hopefully I find it.

Good to hear it wasn't worse.

I consider myself very lucky. The fact it was reversed really means I didnt actually didnt get ripped off but close enough for me. I've known some guys, especially on the boards, getting hammered for thousands of dollars. I always feel terrible for them. I can't imagine that feeling.

That was posted here wasn't it? AR mags I believe. Shitty thing to have happen. I would like to think that it'll come back around to them but most likely they're slimey enough they lie, cheat, & steal their way out of any payback.

Will never use paypal or ebay ever again. If a website only uses paypal, i just go somewhere else.

That's pretty much where I am too. I'll probably miss getting some of the deals but at least with sites like amazon you know you're not going to get scammed. At the end of the day, no matter what the reason was, this was my problem. I evidently didn't do a good enough job keeping my info secure whether it was me, my kid, or my wife. That doesn't change the fact that I now no longer will trust doing business with them.

The good news is we have a bid on the kindle I was originally trying to sell so it's sold. That's a whole other thread. She's selling her old kindle dx. Those things routinely bring in $250 used. The kindle fire HD has more memory, color, and touch screen and we just bought our son one for $179. I don't understand the draw to the old kindle....the screen is bigger but that's where the positives stop. I don't do the kindle thing at all but my wife has a fire HD now and so do both of our kids. I just don't understand why someone is buying the old one for more than the newer ones can be bought.