Photo shoot for GMHTP ( GM DRIVERS CANT SPELL SHOOT)

MrMeanGreen

As some of you know, GM High Tech Performance Magazine send one of their staff writer/photographer people out to do a photo shoot and write-up on an upcoming story they're doing on my car.

Since the weather the week before sucked, he came in last Thursday and we spend the afternoon/evening driving around the far east side doing still shots, rolling shots, and just general bullshitting around.

He sent me an email earlier with a couple of the shots and letting me know I should see his story draft in the near future so I can read it before it's published.

So yeah, I had a great time. To top it all off, High Performance Pontiac Magazine contacted me the next day inviting me to their Pavement Pounders Shootout in August to do a story in their magazine.

I would like to thank Kevin Clifford of Clifford Automotive for doing a last minute once-over on my car, repairing some wear and tear from the track and making the car look great for the shoot. It's hard to believe my car turns 16 next month since it was built in August of 1997.

1039616_10151570595863863_1863619758_o.jpg

Yes, Clifford did that by hand a few years ago after installing the FMIC.

Congrats man, I love to see people keeping Pontiac alive! Is that a custom opening around the firebird plate in the lower fascia to feed the intercooler? Very cleanly done.

The car has a stock bottom end, 10-bolt, full interior and AC, and runs on pump gas. I have some "shit" mods like 1 5/8" mid-length headers, 2.5" exhaust, a small blower with dinged up impeller blades, etc. The car runs consistent 10.4x and traps 132ish. It's been 10.3x a handful of times and has trapped 136 on occasion. All this, and running the same basic setup for a decade.

There will be assholes that say I don't race it enough, that it sees the garage all the time, trailer queen, etc. I don't really care, as it serves it's purpose and I'm pleased on how the car has turned out.

For those who do not know aka me, what merits that car being featured? I don't know anything about that car

No problem, I will when I get the word.

Please post what issue it will be in when you find out. Congrats!