Ohio House banning red-light cameras

Ohio House passes bill to ban red-light, speed cameras

The Ohio House yesterday approved a bill to ban red-light and speed cameras over the objections of Columbus-area representatives and others who argued that the technology has reduced traffic accidents and saved lives.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/06/26/House-passes-red-light-camera-ban.html

friend / coworker got one outside our office in Sacramento and here's is a $426 ticket OUCH!! here it's way too easy to get caught in traffic as it's murder and such a joke. All the cameras have done is add tons of time to a commute as people are so fearful of entering the intersection that traffic just stacks up and when people do enter them, they go WOT. Pretty commical to see. yeah...that's safe.

About fucking time. Never got hit with a red light camera, but I got some bullshit "speeding ticket" in the mail saying a camera caught me speeding through a "school zone" on campus at 38mph. It was from the "Columbus Safety Division" or some shit.

Fuck that lol. Threw it right in the trash. They can suck my balls

About fucking time. Never got hit with a red light camera, but I got some bullshit "speeding ticket" in the mail saying a camera caught me speeding through a "school zone" on campus at 38mph. It was from the "Columbus Safety Division" or some shit.

If it was that school on summit & 7th CPD has a SUV that sits there and guns/videos everyone from the roof of the vehicle I believe.

If it was that school on summit & 7th CPD has a SUV that sits there and guns/videos everyone from the roof of the vehicle I believe.

It might have been, I honestly don't remember. I laughed and threw it away. I eventually got a follow up letter threatening to charge a late fee if I didn't pay it promptly. Once again, I threw that shit in the garbage. It wasn't from a police department, so zero fucks given on my part.

Yeah that's completely different than the red light cameras.

There's an actual officer standing with those SUV-mounted cameras so IMO it's legit.