Street Racing Tip #354

Steve R.

Linn would have kept going....

And you wouldn't?

Long long time ago when CR still run the i270 belt. My friend was lining up again a corvette and a sc trans am on i270 and i70 on the west end, my V1 was lit up so something was wrong. Anyway they honked off and raced, as soon as that happened the x-mas light lit up. The corvette and Pontiac pulled over, my friend took off. My friend got away and that all we know ;)

And you wouldn't?

Long long time ago when CR still run the i270 belt. My friend was lining up again a corvette and a sc trans am on i270 and i70 on the west end, my V1 was lit up so something was wrong. Anyway they honked off and raced, as soon as that happened the x-mas light lit up. The corvette and Pontiac pulled over, my friend took off. My friend got away and that all we know ;)

As long as your not the slowest car! But if they were that close they'd already have your plates.

lol.... Mark and I were roll racing on 270 about 12 years ago, him in his 99 TA, me in my 98 Vett. We got off 3-4 roll races and on the last one we saw the lights way behind us. This lady highway patrol pulls us over and was super cool about it. Gave us both speeding tickets, but was laughing that it took her forever to catch up to us, because by the time she got close, we'd take off again.

By far my most memorable encounter with the police while racing.