Third ticket, what to expect?

PRD2BDF

I got my third speeding ticket in less than 12 months. Apparently that is a third offense and a court appearance. Not going to fight it as I am guilty. I just wangled to get through the shithole town quickly. I tried to find what the third offense entails.

Anyone experience this?

Never had those many tickets that fast, but here's a link to the basic rules:

http://www.dmv.org/oh-ohio/point-system.php

As you can see from reading the info, it depends on how fast you were going. Having the violations so close together used to cause the latter ones to count as double points, but I think that has now been revised.

As was said by Jackson above, get an attorney if you determine that the consequences aren't acceptable to you.

Good luck.

P.S. One tip for your court appearance: revise the wording of your excuse.

Having driven through tons of rural Ohio in my lifetime. One thing I always did, slow down in those little towns. That is how they generate revenue. I would always go right at or 1-2 MPH under the posted speed in those places. Cops got nothing better to do.

Your fine it might be a bit more expensive but unless your getting tagged for something else you should be fine. Worst case they may encourage you to take a remedial course that can drop points.

I wondered what happen.

Well, I jumped in a Focus and found the car to be so much fun that I drove away from the practice I was at. Chick that worked there was like "get out", I was like "get in". She said: "Where are we going?" I said: "16's"

Well, I jumped in a Focus and found the car to be so much fun that I drove away from the practice I was at. Chick that worked there was like "get out", I was like "get in". She said: "Where are we going?" I said: "16's"

Shit bitch, it's a solid 15 second car. You don't want any!

And it's a Fucus, at least spell it correctly if you're going to try to make fun of it.