Men who Wax their chests, get in here.

thorne

Yeah I'm not moved to straight dress pants, Though I have a few pairs of black slacks I wear. My manager also wears Kacki and even designer jeans but more button ups. I just hate button ups.

Should rename this thread Help Thorne Restyle for work....

get something that is a hybrid of Dress and Moc....

http://di1-3.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/d3/56/62/103610205-260x260-0-0_Kenneth+Cole+Next+Wave.jpg

OR

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Mens-TERENCE-Venetian-Driver-Black-Loafers-Slip-On-NEW-sz-/00/s/MjYwWDI2MA==/z/GM4AAMXQNiRRm3wW/$T2eC16R,!)!E9s2fCG6tBRm3wWRm3!~~60_35.JPG

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For work I typically wear Kacki pants / Typically named branded polo coloored short sleave with the occasional button up. My reason for changing things is I'm now starting to meet more with my bosses peers for projects I'm working on. I never really cared even a little about style until now.

^^ I missed this.....then fuck the high dollar shoes. On budget, great quality, good styles, go shop at the Men's Warehouse. Michael manages the Tuttle Location. He'll hook you up on pants, shirts and shoes.

You have PM.

^^ I missed this.....then fuck the high dollar shoes. On budget, great quality, good styles, go shop at the Men's Warehouse. Michael manages the Tuttle Location. He'll hook you up on pants, shirts and shoes.

You have PM.

I'm going to go visit there for sure. BTW I described my shirt's wrong. Apparently the Term is GOLF Polo is the brand i'm currently wearing.

But If spending more on shoes will make me not hate wearing them.

This may sound stupid but what style does one choose? I see lots of things I like but I just am not sure what works and what don't.

For work I typically wear Kacki pants / Typically named branded polo coloored short sleave with the occasional button up. My reason for changing things is I'm now starting to meet more with my bosses peers for projects I'm working on. I never really cared even a little about style until now.

Ok, First ditch the Khakis... Jesus, they don't have pleats do they?

I'd imagine you likely have a distorted view of what a good fit is. Take Bob up on his offer and let him teach you how to be a gentleman. Start slow at Express or J.Crew and you can evolve from there. A good pair of shoes is a good place to start but if you pair them up with a Calloway shirt you'll just look silly.

Im a white nerd who ignored.fashion most of his life. I want to be presentable but not go broke. Help mr cr pimp my style lol. Wish I had a bigger budget.

Sent from mDry SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

my struggle white nerd who ignored.fashion most of his life. I want to be presentable but not go broke.

Now you know why I sent you what I did. Compare it with what Vince just shared and tell me I'm off-base. :)

You don't need shoes > $150.

I laugh at people dressing like they're in a NYC penthouse, here in CMH.

Those "penthouse new yorkers" might wear shoes that are 2-3K.... regardless, i get your point. I would fix your post by moving 150.00 to 250.00.

You don't need pants > $75.

15 years into this corporate game now, and I laugh at people dressing like they're in a NYC penthouse, here in CMH.

So you are fine with modifying your body to achieve a certain aesthetic but judge others who may also take pride in the way they appoint themselves? Got it.

Help me understand what type of pants I should be wearing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

flat front dockers for casual/business-casual.

flat front dress pants from express for medium dressy.

flat front wool suit bottoms for a dressier environment.

you said you work at a bank?

Go to the Allen Edmonds outlet store in Jeffersonville. They'll size your wierd feet and you'll get first-run great dress shoes at clearance prices. Never spent more than $160 on a pair; mostly $110-$150. Shoes still made in the USA.

I have 6 purr of AE because you can refurb them for ~$90 every couple of years and have new shoes that are as comfortable as slippers. I have 10+ years on my first pair of black AE's.

Starting in my career I did the $50 DSW specials, and they look good but just don't last.

I had a GF in college that was a podiatrist...EVERYONE in her office wore Cole Haan's, if that tells you something about what foot doctors know about shoes....

Mix it up. Summer, you'll have biz casual flat front wool/lined pants, some silk pants, dress jeans or cotton pants for Fridays. If you wear it Mon-Thurs. pant will likely be dry clean only. Wash at home stuff is for Friday. I even throw in some linen casual with a very nice silk shirt and casual shoes on Fridays, especially when it's hot. Key is to dress your age. That's not just a woman thing. Depending on your office environment you'll have some shirts you leave untucked some won't. Just make sure you buy shirts that are meant to be left untucked if you do.

Starting in my career I did the $50 DSW specials, and they look good but just don't last.

I think every guy has done this :)

So you are fine with modifying your body to achieve a certain aesthetic but judge others who may also take pride in the way they appoint themselves? Got it.

Are you comparing working out with spending a stupid amount on clothing?

Really?

PM me with whatever debate it is that you feel the need to engage me in.

Start with the Express Producer. I never favored the stretch cotton but you can try it out for yourself. If you are leaner go with the Photographer style. "Agent" is too bulky.

Link

You don't need pants > $75.

15 years into this corporate game now, and I laugh at people dressing like they're in a NYC penthouse, here in CMH.

Don't dress for the job you have,... dress for the job you want.

EDIT: You don't have to drop big bucks to do that. Just saying