State Troopers searching cars on I-70E

El Karacho1647545492

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats like saying drugs go on roads... I mean wtf your picking some of these most driven.highways in ohio....

Thats like saying gmail is.used.by pedophiles so we.should.search.everyones email..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

33 from SE Ohio is considered a drug mainline. PPD sits at Pickerington Rd in an all black Hemi Charger with 2 officers and a K9 unit watching for what they consider suspicious vehicles. A LOT of heroin and pills move through that area.

Thats like saying drugs go on roads... I mean wtf your picking some of these most driven.highways in ohio....

Thats like saying gmail is.used.by pedophiles so we.should.search.everyones email..

Not sure if serious....

big drug busts on the highway are rarely random.

jilted ex-girlfriends, pissed off family members, and competitors can use a tip line as well as the next guy.

"My piece of shit ex-boyfriend is carrying pounds of weed in a Dodge Caliber with Missouri license plates. He should be driving through Columbus on Thursday at noon."

"Thank you ma'am, we'll take care of it."

jilted ex-girlfriends, pissed off family members, and competitors can use a tip line as well as the next guy.

"My piece of shit ex-boyfriend is carrying pounds of weed in a Dodge Caliber with Missouri license plates. He should be driving through Columbus on Thursday at noon."

Yup, and they always say it was a "random stop".

Truth, I guess this drug bust in Fairfield county: http://abc6onyourside.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wsyx_breaking-fairfield-co-authorities-make-multimillion-dollar-drug-bust-24936.shtml

Stemmed from an domestic disturbance call where the guys old lady proceeded to tell the cops about her old mans alcohol problems and then let them in the barn to show them around. lol

Herion is a fucking plague. Ive seen family members ruin there.life with the shit.

Sadly the war on drugs has made shit worse. Its way easier to smuggle pills or herion than pot and the.cash.value per volume is much.higher.

ullBsorry, I'm not hating on cops performing searches. I'm actually curious what the search-to-seizure rate is in terms of how many searches you perform vs how often crimes are found to have been committed. I watched an 0-for-4 today, so I'm curious. For all I know the searches I saw were done with the blessing of the driver who was happy to comply with a search, since I never saw a K9.

Plus this thread was started as a sort of "flashing your high beams" move. I'm guessing there's not a lot of drug traffickers on CR, so I'm just trying to let the community know what they might be in for on this particular stretch of highway.

come on Bill, you know damn well the gov't has access to your emails and will probe you inside and out if you send pedophile like texts and emails....so please for your own safety, stop it. :)

Please explain. We can obviously benefit from your training and experience.

no training needed man. the law about probable cause is pretty clear. all you have to say is:

"officer, I'm not resisting or interfering in any way, but I want to be very clear that I am NOT consenting to a search of my vehicle in any way"

Then ask him if any clarification of your statement is needed. Repeat if necessary and then state that you are accepting his reply as he's clear.

If they push, then just tell him, "look, I know you're just doing your job, but I do not in any way consent to searches"

Lastly, Ask if you are being detained and what for. "Officer, are you detaining me and if so, what for?" You will need to clearly and proactively ask, "am I free to go?" Never answer their questions directly and avoid he trick questions. What you don't say can't be used against you. You here those questions all the time "sir do you know why I pulled you over?" "sir do you know how fast you were going?", etc.

You can always state that "I"m uncomfortable with answering and unless you are detaining me, I am asking to leave...may I go? "

If they detain you for any reason, immediately state that "you understand that they are perhaps just doing their job but you are going to remain silent and would like to see an attorney or have access to contacting one"

You don't ever want to wait for your rights to be read to you and you don't have to answer any questions at all.

Just ask the LEO "am I being inveistated or suspected in an investigation?" If yes, then tell them that "if this is formal questining then, I am within my rights of the 5th and 6th amendment to remain silent and seek counsel." Repeat thatyou are going to remain silent and would like to see an attorney or have access to contacting one. End of story. If you are NOT in some way involved in a formal investigation, then ask them "is there any reason I'm being detained because if not, I would like to be allowed to go"

If you've made it through all the above, you're either going to have things made clear to you about the investigation, etc. and ultimately be arrested and carted to jail or you're going home.

Always be respectful but firm and confident. Police try and intimidate you but in the end, they are just a person having a conversation with you. Unless they have probable cause/proof, they aren't going to arrest you.

Yup, and they always say it was a "random stop".

in a lot of cases they really are. how many times have you seen the story where a guy hauling drugs was pulled over for some stupid ass violation :lol:

drug dealers and mules are dumbass mofo's to be rolling down the highway in a heep with busted lights or incorrectly displayed tags, etc...fuck, whenever I haul 30lbs of Marijuana, I'm in the minivan cruising 3-5mph over the limit, stay put in the center lane and use my turn signals every time. Blend in and skate right through. :p

So, what happened with the Scooby gals and their search refusal?

They brought in more cars to try to be intimidating, never brought out a k9 that I saw, and sent them on their way.

I think they're just trying to follow orders and perform as many searches as possible in the hopes of getting some drugs off the street, nothing wrong with that as long as they're not hyper aggressive and screwing with innocent people.

I ran a isp.for.years and later worked for a huge isp. I handled legal requests for my coverage area of 2.5 mil subs. Some were stupid.shit for downloading movies but some were for.cp.

Just passed 5 sherrif cars searching a mini van. On 33 near diley rd.

I passed them earlier as well.

33 from SE Ohio is considered a drug mainline. PPD sits at Pickerington Rd in an all black Hemi Charger with 2 officers and a K9 unit watching for what they consider suspicious vehicles. A LOT of heroin and pills move through that area.

OHP and FC Sherriff always patrol 33 between diley and the bypass hard. And your right it's a major pipeline, I've spoken to a few cops in the area about it.

PPD should stick to patrolling Picktown......it's out of their league IMO.

were the chicks hot? pics? ;)

Didn't get a good view, they were on the far side of the highway and thus everyone was standing on the other side of cars. Probably unshaven hippie chicks anyways.

Then again, these are hippie chicks:

debatably SFW...but probably not.

PPD should stick to patrolling Picktown......it's out of their league IMO.

They mainly do. They typically won't enter 33, they just wait for them. Also I Dont think its out of their league. The drug patrol officers are part of the Fairfield/Hocking Major Crimes Unit, which is a pretty heavy hitting task force for SE Ohio

in a lot of cases they really are. how many times have you seen the story where a guy hauling drugs was pulled over for some stupid ass violation :lol:

I've watched a number of documentaries in which the DEA states they are usually the one behind those big busts. They just give the info to local authorities and have them set up the stop/seizure as "random" to protect there informants.

dealers and mules are dumbass mofo's to be rolling down the highway in a heep with busted lights or incorrectly displayed tags, etc...fuck,whenever I haul 30lbs of Marijuana, I'm in the minivan cruising 3-5mph over the limit, stay put in the center lane and use my turn signals every time. Blend in and skate right through. :p

Exactly :ninja:

And for what its worth my father and I were going down to Cinci about a year ago to visit my sister. Father was driving, I was slumped over "hood" style in the passenger seat because I was exhuasted. Statey pulled us over for "speeding" (82mph), which is ironic because my father doesn't feel safe driving 5mph above the speed limit. Copper was an asshole, asked to search the car (which we gave him permission too, although he never did search it), inquired why my dad was "shaking" (dad responded "cause im old"). Came back after a few seconds later and sent us on our way. Fuck OSHP and there Nazi tactics.