Ohio company raising money for gun for Zimmerman

SLOWLX

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the gun was given back to him? How can they not.

Feds seized it as part of their investigation.

Also, while he certainly defended himself legally, he was stupid enough to get himself in a preventable situation. Definitely not following the philosophy of CCW I've always understood.

Do you really have all the information on what happened? Our TV media is telling you what they want you to know, do not be a sheep....

http://www.ldjackson.net/afterburner-with-bill-whittle-the-truth-about-trayvon-martin/

Because that site isn't steeped with the same bias you accuse the TV media of.

I don't know all the facts. But I do know that Zimmerman was not on his own property and could have avoided conflict by never leaving his car. When you're carrying a concealed weapon, I've always thought that it is your primary goal to never have to use it, and that includes removing yourself from any potentially contentious situation.

EDIT: WOW that guy makes a lot of specious connections. I drink Arizona Watermelon and skittles sometimes, guess that means I like "lean". Also, I love the fact that there was "stolen property" and a "burglary tool" in his locker, but no source cited. I don't take anything as the word of gospel, but if you're going to make claims one way or another there had better damn well be a solid source behind it. This video is complete crap.

I don't know all the facts. But I do know that Zimmerman was not on his own property and could have avoided conflict by never leaving his car. When you're carrying a concealed weapon, I've always thought that it is your primary goal to never have to use it, and that includes removing yourself from any potentially contentious situation.

Yes, self preservation. He may be alive, but his life is ruined, all because he choose to put himself into a situation.

EDIT: WOW that guy makes a lot of specious connections. I drink Arizona Watermelon and skittles sometimes, guess that means I like "lean". Also, I love the fact that there was "stolen property" and a "burglary tool" in his locker, but no source cited. I don't take anything as the word of gospel, but if you're going to make claims one way or another there had better damn well be a solid source behind it. This video is complete crap.
Yeah the "lean" connection is pretty stupid

Fact, he was caught with Jewelry in his back pack days before, it is in other news reports. The lean, may be a jump in tought process but he had a checkered past recently and was expelled from school for the theft issue, That is the whole reason he was at his Dads house in the first place.

Fact, he was caught with Jewelry in his back pack days before, it is in other news reports. The lean, may be a jump in tought process but he had a checkered past recently and was expelled from school for the theft issue, That is the whole reason he was at his Dads house in the first place.

No disagreement there.

This isn't about what Trayvon did or didn't do leading up to his assault on GZ. It's about what GZ did or didn't do leading up to the confrontation he initiated.

FACT: GZ was legally in possession of a firearm at the time he decided to go out of his way to confront TM.

FACT: GZ had many options OTHER THAN confronting TM.

FACT: Knowing full well that a confrontation could ensue, and that if he was indeed dealing with a hardened criminal that he may have to discharge his legally carried firearm, GZ opted to initiate a confrontation.

OPINION: This is poor judgement, and against the philosophy of people who legally concealed carry for personal protection.

Who cares if TM waited for GZ to catch up to him. GZ should never have gotten out of his car. The ultimate goal of anyone who has a CCW license is to never have to use their firearm. Hell, that's the ultimate goal of the police! The difference between regular citizens and police is that regular citizens are responsible only for their own safety and should avoid conflict where it is avoidable.

EDIT: Opinion =/= fact, fixed

Wasn't there a significant distance between the body and where the scuffle occurred, how was that explained away?

Considering where he holstered his weapon (on his butt) was it determined how he got it out while being straddled on his back?

I think the most poignant act of self preservation may have been the story he effectively sold after the incident to allay blame.

People are STILL talking about this? Guy was found not guilty, yet people just want to keep on pushing this.

It reminds me of when your wife/girlfriend knows you are right, yet they just keep bitching and going on until you say something that will give them a real reason to bitch.

I would rather hear about the royal welfare baby than this dog and pony show...

I refuse to reward his own stupidity.

Yes, self preservation. He may be alive, but his life is ruined, all because he choose to put himself into a situation.

Yeah the "lean" connection is pretty stupid

I'll also go on record as saying that I don't think that Zimmerman is guilty of murder or manslaughter, but he acted irresponsibly and will now suffer the consequences. He is certainly innocent of all crimes, but definitely guilty of poor decision making.

Wasn't there a significant distance between the body and where the scuffle occurred, how was that explained away?

Considering where he holstered his weapon (on his butt) was it determined how he got it out while being straddled on his back?

I think the most poignant act of self preservation may have been the story he effectively sold after the incident to allay blame.

http://supportyourlocalgunfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/Al-Sharpton-As-The-Joker-213x300.png

No disagreement there.

This isn't about what Trayvon did or didn't do leading up to his assault on GZ. It's about what GZ did or didn't do leading up to the confrontation he initiated.

FACT: GZ was legally in possession of a firearm at the time he decided to go out of his way to confront TM.

FACT: Knowing full well that a confrontation could ensue, and that if he was indeed dealing with a hardened criminal that he may have to discharge his legally carried firearm, GZ opted to initiate a confrontation.

OPINION: This is poor judgement, and against the philosophy of people who legally concealed carry for personal protection.

Who cares if TM waited for GZ to catch up to him. GZ should never have gotten out of his car. The ultimate goal of anyone who has a CCW license is to never have to use their firearm. Hell, that's the ultimate goal of the police! The difference between regular citizens and police is that regular citizens are responsible only for their own safety and should avoid conflict where it is avoidable.

EDIT: Opinion =/= fact, fixed

FACT: Every time you post you tell me how little you understand about this case and your inability to look at it with unbiased lenses.

Edited by Panduh

These are not facts. These are conclusions you have fabricated to confirm your narrative.

Zimmerman did NOT escalate anything by getting out of his vehicle to better assist the police in finding this suspicious person.

Escalation happens when the level of the playing field is elevated. That only happened when Martin made contact with Zimmerman.

Zimmerman did NOT escalate anything by getting out of his vehicle to better assist the police in finding this suspicious person.

Are you saying disobeying the 911 operator was a good thing to do? Last thing I remember from my CCW class is you swallow your pride and run away with your tail between your legs. You don't search out trouble you stay away from it as much as humanly possible.