Kid friendly vacation.

99BlownYellowGT

I don't know what your budget is like but Chicago is a great time. My wife and I just went there. They have the pier which has a ton of kid friendly activities/games (they had a wiiU exhibit on display that parents/kids could drop by and play with character cutouts and crap... and just a ton of other stuff on the pier (rides/games/funhouses/mazes).

Then you have downtown Chicago with boat tours every hour which is a good time for kids.

Anyway...hope you have fun wherever you go!

Loved Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Went in May for the first time. Rented a cabin that was capable of sleeping ~6. Was able to take the dog and keep him in the cabin with us. 4 nights for under $700. Cabin Fever Vacations was the rental agency. Had two jacuzzi tubs and a hot tub. Plenty of stuff to do for everyone. Took us about 6 hours to drive there. Will be going back either this September or May.

Loved Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Went in May for the first time. Rented a cabin that was capable of sleeping ~6. Was able to take the dog and keep him in the cabin with us. 4 nights for under $700. Cabin Fever Vacations was the rental agency. Had two jacuzzi tubs and a hot tub. Plenty of stuff to do for everyone. Took us about 6 hours to drive there. Will be going back either this September or May.

We stayed with the same company 2 years ago however it was my whole family so we had like 13 people in one cabin. Compare the price with hotels and it was alot cheaper.

That area is definitely more kids/family oriented for vacations and thus some things were a bit expensive but we all had a lot of fun i would definitely recommend it.

+1 for Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Parents old neighbor owns a cabin outside Gatlinburg and we go every year. SUPER cheap. Love that place.

^^ this. we used a cabin rental agency last year and had a blast. costs are all relative on what you want and where you stay and what you do. ours wasn't cheap but it was fun as hell.

Few pics: http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/great_smokey_mountains_2012_gallery

When my kids were little, we went to cedar point often and they had a blast. Plenty of places to stay close (or even in the park) which makes naps easy. Come and go as you please and tons for little kids to do. Close to home and cheap(ish). With that 4 day timeframe, close to home leaves more time for 'vacation' and less travel time.

We took the crew to Story Book Forest in PA, at Idle Wild Park and water park last year.

PLENTY for kids, some stuff for adults.

Stopped at Pittsburgh Carnegie Science Museum on way home...

This is what we did this year, had a great time.