no sound out of speakers

The_buster

actually they are both blue.. one for antennae and one for the built in amps.

he graduated high school, never finished college. but in his defense this car has the bose system which only puts 1ohm of power to the speakers then the amps bump it to 4ohms. We didn't know about the front amps, I thought it was just the visible rear ones on the speakers.

actually they are both blue.. one for antennae and one for the built in amps.

he graduated high school, never finished college. but in his defense this car has the bose system which only puts 1ohm of power to the speakers then the amps bump it to 4ohms.

My mind, it's so full of fuck.

"Q5. MY BOSE amp died on the back of one of my speakers, can i use the power from my headunit?

A5. NO, NO,NO. Bose runs their speakers at 1ohm. Aftermarket headunits run their channels at 4ohms unless otherwise stated. 99% of the time it will be 4ohms.

Q6. Can i replace a BOSE speaker with a different brand speaker and connect it to the BOSE amp?

A6. NO, NO, NO. Once again, the speaker runs on 1ohm, most, 99% of aftermarket speakers run on 4ohms. You will ruin the amp or your speaker, whichever comes first."

taken from the link in post #21.

Agreed with the rest of the peeps from the forum. The setup has a Bose amp stuffed away somewhere and rerunning new speaker wires from the deck is probably necessary. Also the impedence will eventually fry the new radio if they are not replaced. I had to do this in the RX7 (Bose system too) and it works pretty good running deck level to a new set of 5 1/4 Alpines. The Nissan (OK Datsun) forum might provide insight into running line level into the Bose amp(s) so you can keep the amp/speakers.

I did not have that luck when I did the RX7 (Plus I had the Bose snake / tube that needed to be removed).

an Ohm is a measure of resistance. this may shed some light on the relationship between the amplifiers output and resistance of the speakers.

http://www.outrageousaudio.com/page_files/wiring_subs.pdf

In a simplistic explanation "Amplifiers provide the electrical pressure in a circuit; ohms measure the resistance, or load, against that pressure; and watts measure how much power is released as work. So, using one of those math formulas, an amplifier that provides 100 watts of power through a 4-ohm speaker, will produce 200 watts through a 2-ohm speaker, because it's easier to push that reduced load."

Ohms is a measure of resistance (or impedance), it doesn't get "pushed" to speakers. Speakers have Ohm ratings based on how much they physically resist the electrical current (Watts) carried to them. I really don't know much more except you would ideally want all the speakers in a system with matching Ohm ratings, and the lower the better (and more expensive).

yes there is gas.. and ur a little late to the party. the stereo is installed and working. although my battery was drained the other day, not sure why. its hooked to a toggle since the wiring is messed up somewhere. I have the main power for the radio hooked to the toggle so it shuts it off and the memory wire hooked to the constant battery.

The Bose amps should have a "remote" wire to turn them on/off. I suspect whom ever wired them up rigged them to get power whenever power is available to the headunit (rather then whenever power is directed to the head unit (ACC/Key-on) ), thus draining the battery.