College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

And Stanford won't lose to USC, and USF won't lose to McNeese State, and Texas Tech won't lose to Kansas State, and Mizzou won't lose to South Carolina, and Nebraska won't lose to Minnesota, and Texas A&M won't lose to Auburn, and Georgia won't lose to Vandy, and Stanford won't lose to Utah, and Notre Dame won't lose to Michigan, and USC won't lose to Washington State, and Iowa won't lose to Northern Illinois, and Oregon State won't lose to Eastern Washington...oh, wait.

Anything can happen. Not saying 'Bama or FSU are/are not going to lose, but anything can happen.

I know anything can happen in college sports, but that is the dumbest quote ever, you have the #1 & #2 teams in the nation playing two week old cupcake teams this weekend, yeah its football but there's just no flavor. Don't get me wrong I would love to see "the upset" of the century but it's just not gonna happen this weekend

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can predict one thing.

OSU can win by 70 over Indiana and Baylor by 1 and they will pass us in the BCS.

Ill take bets starting now.

I don't think you'll get any action on that bet. If Baylor wins by any amount against what is now a top 10 team on the road then they absolutely will jump OSU. They're already ahead in the computers and barely behind in each human component of the BCS. I believe ESPN's BCS guru said just 6 coaches and 3 Harris voters have to switch OSU and Baylor for the jump to happen.

I don't think you'll get any action on that bet. If Baylor wins by any amount against what is now a top 10 team on the road then they absolutely will jump OSU. They're already ahead in the computers and barely behind in each human component of the BCS. I believe ESPN's BCS guru said just 6 coaches and 3 Harris voters have to switch OSU and Baylor for the jump to happen.

I hope Baylor gets beat down by OSU this weekend.

Right my point is, Hypothetically beating any team by 70 (Indiana hung a fair amount on MSU) and then lets say Baylor eekkks out a 1 point victory over OKST, by "luck"; why shouldn't they carry similar weight in some manner. Yes they won vs a "top ten" team however lets pretend this happened with FSU and say Bama... FSU blows out Wake Forest by 70... Bama beats a top ten "Auburn" (whom shouldn't be and it were not for a comedic end of the game would be behind MSU) by 1, FSU would not pass Bama...

What I am eluding to is what is the point to having subjective "style" points when really they do NOTHING to ac-cert your position in the rankings when other teams play a subjectively higher ranked teams, no matter how great the margin of victory is.

How do you weight a massive blowout vs a ekk out ranked team?

I hope Baylor gets beat down by OSU this weekend.

I hope so too. Okie St. will be the most balanced team they've played all season as far as offense/defense is concerned. Okie St. is 14th in the country in both scoring offense and scoring defense. The next best team on Baylor's schedule in that regard was Kansas State at 41st in offense and 34th in defense. And that was a 3-point game with less than 2 minutes to go.

Then when Auburn beats Bama, we'll hear..."does auburn now deserve to jump Ohio state given their resumè?"

They've got some serious computer love going on right now. If they beat Alabama they'll almost certainly get the #2 ranking in the computers. I still don't see humans putting a 1-loss team from any conference above an undefeated team from a BCS conference though.

They've got some serious computer love going on right now. If they beat Alabama they'll almost certainly get the #2 ranking in the computers. I still don't see humans putting a 1-loss team from any conference above an undefeated team from a BCS conference though.

But it will be a discussion none the less, even though it shouldn't be.

OSU basically going all white against Michigan...

http://i.imgur.com/660qN8G.jpg

I think they're going to look awesome. It's the away version of the jerseys they wore at home against Michigan last season and against Wisconsin and Penn State this season.

Then when Auburn beats Bama, we'll hear..."does auburn now deserve to jump Ohio state given their resumè?"

Absolutely, we'll get this ad nauseum. Then, if Auburn beats Missouri in SECCG, we'll hear it even more. Aaaand, of course, if Missouri beats Auburn, then Missouri will be anointed the next god-like program. Because SEC, of course.

I really like Alabama's chances of getting beat. They could easily lose to Auburn or the SECCG game, regardless of who they play. They really don't impress me all that much.

I think they're going to look awesome. It's the away version of the jerseys they wore at home against Michigan last season and against Wisconsin and Penn State this season.

I actually really like the looks of these, though I still could do without a chrome helmet. If the chrome was less dark, then maybe I would like it better. As it looks now, it just looks like a piece of sheet metal. Our regular helmets are better looking than the chrome versions, IMHO.

For the record, I usually don't like all white unis. Like I always thought Texas' all-whites made them look like they were playing in long-john pajamas. However, I could be coming around.

you think they will have these for sale? I need another away game Jersey.

I'm still trying to find that jersey in red, now I'm gonna need the white to complete my collection.

They came out last Friday at the buckeye room. They are out of XLs online, don't know how they are doing at the store. Already got mine.. haha :)

http://www.buckeyeroom.com/20ohstni5red3.html

They came out last Friday at the buckeye room. They are out of XLs online, don't know how they are doing at the store. Already got mine.. haha :)

http://www.buckeyeroom.com/20ohstni5red3.html

sweet, looks like online #5 is the only number available, I'll have to make trip to the store to see what numbers I can choose from.

Interesting read. Seems like the other networks (other as in not ESPN), are starting to indirectly and somewhat directly slam ESPN for their bias. I think within the next two years we will see the fall of the SEC, and I think it starts this year with someone outside of the SEC winning the NCG whether that's FSU or OSU. The only way I really see Alabama (or someone else representing the SEC) winning it all, is if Baylor...BAYLOR goes to the NCG and chokes up a storm.

B1G 19-19 against the SEC in the BCS era...interesting :megusta:

Interesting read. Seems like the other networks (other as in not ESPN), are starting to indirectly and somewhat directly slam ESPN for their bias. I think within the next two years we will see the fall of the SEC, and I think it starts this year with someone outside of the SEC winning the NCG whether that's FSU or OSU. The only way I really see Alabama (or someone else representing the SEC) winning it all, is if Baylor...BAYLOR goes to the NCG and chokes up a storm.

B1G 19-19 against the SEC in the BCS era...interesting :megusta:

I found it interesting as well. I've done reports at times but not to this extent. Was well worth the read.

The SEC love fest hasn't always been around. There was a time when the B10 was the media darling believe it or not. I also remember when ESPN was sucking off USC, then Texas, once Florida won the NC though it was game over

There was a chance of redemption after the Florida game when OSU miraculously made it back to the title game the next year but OSU really shouldn't even have been there and lost again in a slightly closer game. That's when it really started.

And that article with the 19-19 is a year out of date. Last season the B1G went 1-2 against the SEC in bowl games (Northwestern saving the day against Mississippi State...lol) so it's 20-21 now. Still not the dominant force people make them out to be. And 1-2 last year against the SEC with 2 of your top 3 teams not even getting to go to a bowl game isn't bad. Nebraska-UGA was closer than the score showed and Michigan shouldn't have even been in the game if South Carolina was as good as their ranking but they nearly won that.

There was a chance of redemption after the Florida game when OSU miraculously made it back to the title game the next year but OSU really shouldn't even have been there and lost again in a slightly closer game. That's when it really started.

And that article with the 19-19 is a year out of date. Last season the B1G went 1-2 against the SEC in bowl games (Northwestern saving the day against Mississippi State...lol) so it's 20-21 now. Still not the dominant force people make them out to be. And 1-2 last year against the SEC with 2 of your top 3 teams not even getting to go to a bowl game isn't bad. Nebraska-UGA was closer than the score showed and Michigan shouldn't have even been in the game if South Carolina was as good as their ranking but they nearly won that.

Bollman and Tress did their best to help the SEC...

Neither game was close in the LEAST bit. And provided the best launch for ESPN to leverage...

(yes the TP Razorback hog roast was good, it "doesn't count")

Fun article and while its a bit conspiracy theorist, I am certain there is a certain level of measured cynicism.

Do you think ESPN is happy about the B1G network?

Im sure they are jacked about Foxsports1 as well... Choice is good.

We stopped running the ball in the game vs LSU, that and the Spitlers roughing the punter penalty killed OSU (from what I can remember of that game)

Yeah, that game wasn't nearly as bad as Florida. OSU actually outgained LSU and it was only a 2-score game. OSU was -2 in the turnover margin. All LSU had to do was go to the MSU gameplan that nearly brought them back in Columbus earlier in the season. Blitz Boeckman like there was no tomorrow and he was done.

The Spitler penalty... I still don't know how he didn't block it. It was like the ball went right through his body. I might have to go back and rewatch that sometime.