College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

If I remember right some of the calls that went our way in the NCG were hinky too.

Please name two that weren't the controversial pass interference call (which, by the way, has been confirmed to have actually been a legitimate call).

Also, while you're at it, be sure to remind yourself how Gamble's catch was incorrectly ruled an incompletion, which would have allowed Ohio State to just run out the clock at the end of the game. Similarly, be sure to think about the block in the back that wasn't called during Miami's last punt return.

Honestly, I'm interesting in hearing your take on the calls that Ohio State got in that game. Because I can remember there only being one call that mattered that seemed to go Ohio State's way - the aforementioned pass interference call - and the rest seemed like they went against them.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please name two that weren't the controversial pass interference call (which, by the way, has been confirmed to have actually been a legitimate call).

Also, while you're at it, be sure to remind yourself how Gamble's catch was incorrectly ruled an incompletion, which would have allowed Ohio State to just run out the clock at the end of the game. Similarly, be sure to think about the block in the back that wasn't called during Miami's last punt return.

Honestly, I'm interesting in hearing your take on the calls that Ohio State got in that game. Because I can remember there only being one call that mattered that seemed to go Ohio State's way - the aforementioned pass interference call - and the rest seemed like they went against them.

As some on mentioned earlier, he is just trolling and isn't a real OSU fan. It's pointless with this one.

Jeeze, and LJ thought I was a Buckeye hater....

Want more ESPN trolling/hating? Click this link and tell me which top 25 team is missing

http://espn.go.com/college-football/overview

Also this gem, which was the 2nd story on their CFB section yesterday

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9972501/ohio-state-buckeyes-planned-sensitivity-training-former-president-gordon-gee

I'm guessing most college football players at major colleges go for a communications degree or a basic liberal arts degree. There are exceptions, but it would be tough to be success in an engineering or medical major given the amount of time football workouts and training takes, plus study time. Everyone I know in either of those majors live in the lab/library.

I'm guessing most college football players at major colleges go for a communications degree or a basic liberal arts degree. There are exceptions, but it would be tough to be success in an engineering or medical major given the amount of time football workouts and training takes, plus study time. Everyone I know in either of those majors live in the lab/library.

My neighbor, Craig Fada (Sophomore Linebacker, #38 for OSU), is a Pre-Med major since his dad Robert Fada is now a knee surgeon but played for the Chiefs and Bears in the 80's. He says it's academic suicide, Lol. Definitely a Major, major exception from the norm though

My neighbor, Craig Fada (Sophomore Linebacker, #38 for OSU), is a Pre-Med major since his dad Robert Fada is now a knee surgeon but played for the Chiefs and Bears in the 80's. He says it's academic suicide, Lol. Definitely a Major, major exception from the norm though

I think Nik Sarac, another walk-on, is also pre-med. Meyer mentions Sarac (maybe Fada as well, I'm not sure - so many a's in their names...lol) almost weekly during his call-in show as a "future surgeon."

Antonio Smith, former walk-on who eventually earned a scholarship and started for the 2006 team, was a mechanical engineering major.

A lot of those walk-ons have to be insanely special people. To go through what they go through without the athletic scholarship or the perks scholarship players get (legitimate perks like training table stuff, not illegal benefits) on top of more challenging majors... crazy dedication.

I think Nik Sarac, another walk-on, is also pre-med. Meyer mentions Sarac (maybe Fada as well, I'm not sure - so many a's in their names...lol) almost weekly during his call-in show as a "future surgeon."

Antonio Smith, former walk-on who eventually earned a scholarship and started for the 2006 team, was a mechanical engineering major.

A lot of those walk-ons have to be insanely special people. To go through what they go through without the athletic scholarship or the perks scholarship players get (legitimate perks like training table stuff, not illegal benefits) on top of more challenging majors... crazy dedication.

Yeah it's insane what they go through, but it's worth it to them when they get playing time on the field

Very few can do it. Even as a walk on you dont have much time if you take school seriously.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=451&f=2364&t=12315726

It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds and how Hoke/NCAA and Media handle it

LOL

Huh... What did they have to sell that was worth anything? Oh yeah... Borges offensive game plan... That would be hard to find, cuz I'm pretty sure it's really, really tiny and could fit easily on a piece of paper about a 1cm wide, that would read... 35 dive, 33 dive, Devin scramble, then punt...

This had me cracking up.

Craig Krenzel says hello lol

With that said I know a couple former players took classes such as Golf in order to remain eligible haha.

I can only think of 1... the Big Kat, who was the other?

wasn't it Molecular genetics Krenzel majored in? but he does talk radio on 97.1 the fan.

wasn't it Molecular genetics Krenzel majored in? but he does talk radio on 97.1 the fan.

It was molecular genetics. I can't even begin to think about how he had time to do all of the work necessary for that. It was bad enough for me to work 20-30 hours a week and get my chemistry degree from OSU and I had a ton more free time than they do!

Katzenmoyer took golf, I know Mike Collins personally and he took come cake classes, litterally. Pretty sure he took a home economics type course. He is now a deputy here in Licking County.

Zack, what are you hearing about Curtis Grant? I just read that apparently he has gotten a couple concussions this season and came into the season suffering 2 already. Dave Biddle is saying it might be best for him to think about quality of life and give up football?

"Link to podcast (listen starting at 9:00):

http://ohiostate.247sports.com...n-To-Foe-160677"

lol

bob is not "now" a knee surgeon. he's been a knee surgeon for a long time, and that is his 'career'. he played in the nfl, but his 'career' has been medicine. didn't know his son was pre-med. steve bellisari's brother greg, was a co-resident of mine in orthopedic surgery. he played on the '95 buckeye team and played in the nfl for a short stint---super cool guy.

my roommate in college was a microbiology major and played place kicker--lol. i can remember selecting him on college game day (video game) and missing field goals right in front of him to taunt him---was funny as shit.

most college players do not have difficult majors. there are exceptions to the rule, but it is a tough life in college to do well at a high-level major and dedicate all the necessary time to the sport.

Katzenmoyer took golf, I know Mike Collins personally and he took come cake classes, litterally. Pretty sure he took a home economics type course. He is now a deputy here in Licking County.

Zack, what are you hearing about Curtis Grant? I just read that apparently he has gotten a couple concussions this season and came into the season suffering 2 already. Dave Biddle is saying it might be best for him to think about quality of life and give up football?

"Link to podcast (listen starting at 9:00):

http://ohiostate.247sports.com...n-To-Foe-160677"

I do remember Curtis having a concussion thing earlier this season. Maybe also during fall camp. And while Biddle is entitled to his opinion, he's notorious for having reported Jamel Turner as dead so I don't give much credit to anything he says. I don't think any of Curtis' concussions have been too bad. The practice one may have been. But from what I remember of the game one (was first half of the season) he may have even finished out the game.

lol

bob is not "now" a knee surgeon. he's been a knee surgeon for a long time, and that is his 'career'. he played in the nfl, but his 'career' has been medicine. didn't know his son was pre-med. steve bellisari's brother greg, was a co-resident of mine in orthopedic surgery. he played on the '95 buckeye team and played in the nfl for a short stint---super cool guy.

my roommate in college was a microbiology major and played place kicker--lol. i can remember selecting him on college game day (video game) and missing field goals right in front of him to taunt him---was funny as shit.

most college players do not have difficult majors. there are exceptions to the rule, but it is a tough life in college to do well at a high-level major and dedicate all the necessary time to the sport.

Lol yeah I was generalizing, he was pre med in college at Pitt and only played 2 years in the nfl. Not sure yet about Craig but in the 5 years I've known him his life revolves around football and succeeding in academics to make it possible, so he'll probably go somewhat along the route Rob took post college. LOL taunting your roommate on college gameday sounds funny as hell

I do remember Curtis having a concussion thing earlier this season. Maybe also during fall camp. And while Biddle is entitled to his opinion, he's notorious for having reported Jamel Turner as dead so I don't give much credit to anything he says. I don't think any of Curtis' concussions have been too bad. The practice one may have been. But from what I remember of the game one (was first half of the season) he may have even finished out the game.

Dave Biddle is probably the local beat guy that I hate the most. He is awful.

Dave Biddle is probably the local beat guy that I hate the most. He is awful.

He is ridiculously unprofessional on top of being at the forefront of the TMZnuts operation over there. They report the negative stuff accurately first but they also report negative stuff that ends up not being true which is incredibly bad. Then they don't take any responsibility for it. Some of his responses to people I know who call him out on his wrong information every chance they get are remarkably childish.

Also, great mid-season highlight video from Urban's Twitter...

I've posted here before that the OSU insider on Scout (nevadabuck) has been saying for a while now that Braxton is gone after this year. Lose 4/5 OL, probably lose your OC, etc., etc. Today he posted that for the first time this year Braxton is telling people around him that he plans on staying. Obviously it's still real early but it's the first time he's heard from "Braxton's camp" that he isn't leaving.