College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

Purdue plays Ohio State tough every time!! We had this conversation last year and everyone thought I was crazy when I said OSU would have their hands full, how'd that game go exactly? Ah yes, took a last second TD to get the game in to OT before OSU won. I don't know what it is about Purdue but they prob play Ohio State the toughest out of everyone in the conference year in and year out.

I don't care how terrible of a team they are coming into that game. I know how well they play OSU

Since 2000:

27-31 Purdue

35-9 OSU

10-6 OSU (Holy Buckeye play)

16-13 OSU (in overtime)

24-17 Purdue

2005 NO GAME

2006 NO GAME

23-7 OSU

16-3 OSU

26-18 Purdue

49-0 OSU

26-23 Purdue (OT)

29-22 OSU (OT)

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely potential upset.

Hell, the one game they lost the first week was only by a few points...I can't remember who it was (and I don't want to guess because Bicranium will say how unrealistic my guess was) but I believe the team is ranked now. Maybe Norther Illinois?

I hope that if my answer is wrong it doesn't drastically change your stats or life decisions.

:lol:

Teams I hate:

Wisconsin

Purdue

Florida

South Carolina

USC

LSU

everyone else in SEC

Michigan

Notre Dame

Teams I oddly don't hate:

Michigan State (despite 1998)

Iowa

Northwestern

Texas

Oklahoma

Florida State

Miami

Teams I secretly like:

Oregon

Nebraska

Absolutely potential upset.

Hell, the one game they lost the first week was only by a few points...I can't remember who it was (and I don't want to guess because Bicranium will say how unrealistic my guess was) but I believe the team is ranked now. Maybe Norther Illinois?

I hope that if my answer is wrong it doesn't drastically change your stats or life decisions.

You are correct! It was Northern Illinois! FG to win with less than 5 seconds left! Your accuracy pleases me and I am untying this noose I had ready in case you were wrong. :gabe:

You are correct! It was Northern Illinois! FG to win with less than 5 seconds left! Your accuracy pleases me and I am untying this noose I had ready in case you were wrong. :gabe:

Haha thank God.

I walked into Grapevine pizza on that day to get my pizza and saw the ending.

Was just looking up some things on Iowa. Iowa is 4-2 with a top 10 defense. They have allowed 0 rushing TD's this season. #12 scoring defense. But they are #63 in total offense

I think Ohio State will be fine, Wisky had a better defense than Iowa in every catagory and Ohio State had very little issues scoring on them. What scary thing is that Ohio State's pass defense is ranked at 77.

Purdue plays Ohio State tough every time!! We had this conversation last year and everyone thought I was crazy when I said OSU would have their hands full, how'd that game go exactly? Ah yes, took a last second TD to get the game in to OT before OSU won. I don't know what it is about Purdue but they prob play Ohio State the toughest out of everyone in the conference year in and year out.

I don't care how terrible of a team they are coming into that game. I know how well they play OSU

Ehh... I'm pretty sure anyone knowledgeable of Purdue's recent history against OSU didn't think a person expecting a tough game with them last year was crazy. Last year they had 3 wins, 2 against FBS teams, coming into the OSU game. And lost @ undefeated ND by a FG.

They are BAD this year. 0 wins against FBS opponents. Only win was by 6 points against now 1-5 FCS Indiana State. The only thing that could keep this game closer than 2 TD's is OSU beating themselves. I'm talking 2009-style with 5+ turnovers combined with a noon start. I think we'll get the noon start on BTN but can't see a sophomore Pryor-esque meltdown like we saw in that game.

Bosa officially listed as the starter over Diesel Washington. Crazy. Meyer also said that Washington is 100%. Bosa just beat him out.

Who is the last freshman to come in and just beast like Bosa has? I really like Adolphus but there was an immediately noticeable difference when Joey went in early in the season.

Who is the last freshman to come in and just beast like Bosa has? I really like Adolphus but there was an immediately noticeable difference when Joey went in early in the season.

Katzenmoyer?

Dan Wilkinson?

Pace? (If were talking Offense as well)

Not many, that's for sure.....

Katzenmoyer?

Dan Wilkinson?

Pace? (If were talking Offense as well)

Not many, that's for sure.....

Yeah, at any position. I might just not be remembering that well. There were some high impact freshmen on the 2002 national title squad (Mangold, Clarett, Hawk, etc.). But since then I can't really think of anyone THAT important as a freshman. I have to be blanking on someone though.

Ok, so he still had almost 900 yards and 8 TD's, which by the way is more than he had as a sophmore. I also believe he ran a punt back against Michigan his freshman year.

"As a freshman, Ginn saw moderate playing time at receiver and finished the 2004 season with 25 receptions for 359 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also rushed for 113 yards and 2 touchdowns on the ground, led the nation with a 25.6 yards per punt return average, and returned four punts for touchdowns"

Ok, so he still had almost 900 yards and 8 TD's, which by the way is more than he had as a sophmore. I also believe he ran a punt back against Michigan his freshman year.

"As a freshman, Ginn saw moderate playing time at receiver and finished the 2004 season with 25 receptions for 359 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also rushed for 113 yards and 2 touchdowns on the ground, led the nation with a 25.6 yards per punt return average, and returned four punts for touchdowns"

As a soph he had 1668 total yards and 7 td

Jr 1504 total yards and 11 total td oh and 1-2 passing for 38 yards and 1 td

Was that the same game where Troy Smith went all kinds of beast mode - like his coming out party? I think that was the 2004 game. If so, then I was at that game.

Just a question, do you get into games by flexing your triceps and combing your bitchin hair?