College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

Exactly. And he's got at least 2 1/2 seasons left to play here as opposed to Brown who is going to hopefully enjoy the degree he earned at Ohio State after this because he's not going to the league.

Such a shame the Gateway boys ended up being busts. Although I think Bell could have eventually panned out. Had a great year last year at Duquesne. Led the team in tackles. He's 2nd in tackles for them this year behind PSU transfer Christian Kuntz but Bell was on a lot of award watch lists going into this season and they're only 4 games in.

Yeap, I was soo excited for Dorian Bell, he would have done great at Ohio State. Too bad he couldn't stay off the pot.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2015 schedule finalized

at Virginia Tech (Sept. 7)

Hawaii (Sept. 12)

Northern Illinois (Sept. 19)

Western Michigan (Sept. 26)

at Indiana (Oct. 3)

Maryland (Oct. 10)

Penn State (Oct. 17)

at Rutgers (Oct. 24)

Minnesota (Nov. 7)

at Illinois (Nov. 14)

Michigan State (Nov. 21)

at Michigan (Nov. 28)

In addition, OSU announced that a 2018 game vs. Cincinnati in the Horseshoe has been moved to 2019. The Bearcats join TCU on that slate.

VT - B+

Hawaii - C

Northern Illinois - B

Western Michigan - F

Indiana - C

Maryland - C

Penn State - B/C

Rutgers - C

Minnesota - D

Illinois - D

Michigan State - B

Michigan - B+

Hackenberg will be a junior in 2015. Good chance that Penn State will be the toughest team that year.

VT - B+ (on paper preseason but most likely end up a C- type team)

Hawaii - D

Northern Illinois - D

Western Michigan - F

Indiana - C (Could be a B as they appear to be on the upward move)

Maryland - C

Penn State - B/C

Rutgers - B/C

Minnesota - C/C-

Illinois - D

Michigan State - B

Michigan - B+

Changed some things to my own opinion. Maybe in 2 years the B10 will be better and this schedule won't be as weak as it appears.

That schedule looks pathetic. Of course we can't predict a teams quality that far out, but not major conferences aside from overrated VT.

Where's the Pac 12? Big 12? SEC games?

No Wisconsin? No Nebraska? No Northwestern (pending Pat stays)

Man...another year of hoping we slip into the game/last playoff spot.

That schedule looks pathetic. Of course we can't predict a teams quality that far out, but not major conferences aside from overrated VT.

Where's the Pac 12? Big 12? SEC games?

No Wisconsin? No Nebraska? No Northwestern (pending Pat stays)

Man...another year of hoping we slip into the game/last playoff spot.

Wisconsin, Nebraska and Northwestern will be in the B1G West starting next year. So there will be a couple seasons in between playing each of them. I don't see how people can complain about conference schedules. That's 100% out of OSU's control.

And the Pac 12 and Big 12 are there in future years. Oregon, Oklahoma, Texas and TCU. Then you've got ACC all over the place with VT, UNC and Boston College.

There were 2 SEC series scheduled (Georgia and Tennessee) but they backed out due to bigger conference schedules moving forward.

You guys need to stop buying into the national media's portrayal of OSU's schedule. Yes, this year it wasn't great. Had Vanderbilt not backed out and had Cal not become a turd over the last 7-8 years it would have looked fine.

Ohio State has played 2 ranked teams with 1 more on the schedule. You know how many ranked teams Alabama has played? 2. With 1 more on the schedule. Oregon has played 0 with 3 left on the schedule. Clemson has played 1 with 2 left on the schedule.

Notice a trend? These are teams that are ahead of Ohio State in the AP poll and none of them are slated to played more ranked teams than OSU. But for some reason OSU's schedule is being sold as the weakest in the history of college football. And unfortunately some of you have bought it.

Whether it's the truth or not, if there are 4 undefeated teams, we will be on the outside looking in.

Do you know why? Our schedule. Considering we started at #2 and dropped. Clemson started at 8 (?) and lept us BECAUSE OF OUR SCHEDULE.

It may have had something to do with them beating Georgia, maybe.........

Whether it's the truth or not, if there are 4 undefeated teams, we will be on the outside looking in.

Do you know why? Our schedule. Considering we started at #2 and dropped. Clemson started at 8 (?) and lept us BECAUSE OF OUR SCHEDULE.

You can quote me on this, THERE WILL NOT BE 4 UNDEFEATED TEAMS AT THE END OF THE REGULAR SEASON.

You guys need to stop buying into the national media's portrayal of OSU's schedule.

Wow, yeah, I think you're totally right. Keeping that in mind, I went back and revised my rankings. Does this seem more legitimate now? Just want to make sure I'm not thinking crazy or anything about the quality of Ohio State's schedule.

VT - A+

Hawaii - B+

Northern Illinois - A-

Western Michigan - B

Indiana - A

Maryland - A

Penn State - A+

Rutgers - A-

Minnesota - B+

Illinois - A-

Michigan State - A+

Michigan - A++

You can quote me on this, THERE WILL NOT BE 4 UNDEFEATED TEAMS AT THE END OF THE REGULAR SEASON.

They had Pete Fiutak on the radio the other day and he said he thinks OSU will be in the Title Game because everyone else is just gonna lose.

They had Pete Fiutak on the radio the other day and he said he thinks OSU will be in the Title Game because everyone else is just gonna lose.

I was going through the rankings looking for Boise State's win totals and ranking to confirm what I posted earlier and it was comforting seeing all those years with only 1-2 undefeated teams. Some years it was 2 and both were left out because they were from the MWC or WAC.

The only year with 4+ was 2009 and the 3 teams left out were TCU, BSU and Cincy. You just never see 3-4+ undefeated teams from BCS conferences. 4 of the current top 6 have to play each other. Then you need the winners of those games to drop just 1 game somewhere else then boom, you're down to OSU and Alabama.

Alabama will lose. They aren't that good.

Oregon/Stanford will lose. They play each other.

FSU/Clemson will lose. They play each other.

Who cares about Louisville.

With Ohio State, and not caring about Louisville, that leaves three undefeated teams: either FSU/Clemson and Oregon/Stanford. FSU could easily get beat by Florida. Clemson could easily lose to South Carolina. Washington might beat Oregon this weekend.

I believe DeAnthony Thomas is out for Saturdays game against Washington as well.

Buffalo: 3-2

SDSU: 3-3

Cal: 1-4

FAMU: 1-4

Wisky: 3-2

NW- 4-1

Combined:15-16

Oregon's: 12-14

Bama's: 14-12 (Georgia St killed them by being 0-5)

Clemson: 17-11

The thing hurting OSU is the fact that the national perception is the big10 as a whole sucks, this takes away from their victories over Wisconsin and Northwestern.

They came so close against Stanford this past weekend. Hopefully they're not too down from that. Wish it was a night game in Seattle instead of 1PM.

Yeah, it should totally be a night game. They should have switched that shit. They play at the same field that the Seahawks play at?