College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might as well go ahead and put football players in skirts.

It was funny because I made the statement to my friend maybe 2 plays before the ejection "It's like OSU is fielding a bunch of overweight ballerinas out there on defense." Then Roby makes the hit (which was shoulder to chest, TE being 5-6" taller than Roby, his head comes down with the hit and contacts Roby's) and I was like... "LOL and now they're going to eject him for hanging up the ballet slippers." Then they actually did. :lolguy:

Ohio state gets the ball first so I hope Iowa doesn't come out firing lol.

I honestly thought the Roby penalty was for taunting, cause he celebrated the hit and then the flag came in. I have defended Fickell for the longest time, but I think it's time he leaves. The coverage is so damn soft this game and the last 2. I don't know if they are afraid that the DB's will get burnt or what the deal is, but more press coverage. Iowa runs 2 damn plays and yet OSU can't stop them at all on 3rd down.

I told some friends that this game made me nervous, I had a feeling it would be a real lethargic game for Ohio State and so far it's exactly that.

Ohio state gets the ball first so I hope Iowa doesn't come out firing lol.

I honestly thought the Roby penalty was for taunting, cause he celebrated the hit and then the flag came in. I have defended Fickell for the longest time, but I think it's time he leaves. The coverage is so damn soft this game and the last 2. I don't know if they are afraid that the DB's will get burnt or what the deal is, but more press coverage. Iowa runs 2 damn plays and yet OSU can't stop them at all on 3rd down.

I told some friends that this game made me nervous, I had a feeling it would be a real lethargic game for Ohio State and so far it's exactly that.

It's the players playing soft. Meyer even said "zone coverage does not mean soft coverage and our players need to understand that"

So tell the players to stop playing soft, isn't that what a coach does? I think it's Urban trying to take some heat off of Luke honestly.

Meyer doesn't do that.

Right now it's the LB's not covering the flat like they are supposed to because they are biting the play action. They are chasing every play. It's pretty awful. The scheme is fine. I think Fickell needs heat for the play of his LB, but Coombs and Withers need heat for the way their players are playing. We never had guys blowing zone coverage like this under Taver Johnson.

I agree that Whithers and Coombs need as much heat as Fickell gets.

I dont understand how these guys are playing so bad under Coombs. He put plenty of unheralded CB's in the NFL at UC.

Prob a ploy to get him to flip lol. I mean the puzzle didn't work haha

Honestly though, i've heard that Miller has a real issue with trust. If you break his trust in crunch time, he wont look towards you. Heurman dropped 2 first downs and Miller ignored him the rest of those games. Same thing happened with Devin Smith last year. He dropped a few huge TDs and Miller would look him off till he trusted him again.

I have trust issues with Miller so that's ironic lol. BTW this game just has the feeling of an OSU loss coming.

How is it that OSU has recruited all these stud defensive players and the only one worth a damn is Bosa?

Miller has created way more wins than games he has directly lost