Meet The Rohrlla

Draco-REX

Mine already does.

I would like to shut off the DRL "wink". I'll have to figure out what the rest of the mods do and see what I want done.

The heated mirrors are kind of a mystery though..

I'm also having the sales guy trying to figure out if I was supposed to get the cargo net for the trunk or not.. I got the silly ski bag, but no net.

Yeah the wink is forever annoying..

Unless something changed, you don't really have to think about the heated mirrors. They work when needed IE: When you are defrosting the car. All the Audi's I've had, I've never had to turn them on or off, they just work when you defrost automatically.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the wink is forever annoying..

Unless something changed, you don't really have to think about the heated mirrors. They work when needed IE: When you are defrosting the car. All the Audi's I've had, I've never had to turn them on or off, they just work when you defrost automatically.

The manual says they turn on depending on the outside temp. I defrosted my windshield and rear window and still had foggy mirrors on the drive to work.

I am warming up to the CCW SP510. It's the production time I'm not to happy about.. I think they're about 4 months out.

Edit: In Comp Grey or Satin pewter

Order now, have in time for early spring.

Make sure you get the correct sizing/dish and offsets for the rears to look good.

You wouldn't be if you drove one.

What are the non S engine Options though?

I am all for turbo Cars, but this is not unlike the M3 going to a I6 Turbo-you can get basically The same I6 turbo in a much lower trim line-stuff a tune and an exhaust in it, and have M3 power. What’s the point? Takes the "Supercar" and exclusivity aspect out of the "M" and "S" models IMO.

I am all for turbo Cars, but this is not unlike the M3 going to a I6 Turbo-you can get basically The same I6 turbo in a much lower trim line-stuff a tune and an exhaust in it, and have M3 power. What’s the point? Takes the "Supercar" and exclusivity aspect out of the "M" and "S" models IMO.

The 3.0T is shared with at least:

A6

A7

Q5

Q7

S4

A8

Exclusivity means very little if you get passed by a base model every chance.

The V8 sounded good, but it got horrible fuel economy and lacked the grunt of the 3.0T in every way, be it low end torque, of high end power. Besides, with emissions heading where they are, they can't afford to keep engines based on "nostalgia" at best. The 3.0T can run 11's with a flash and pulley, and get 28-30mpg on the trip back in a 4000lb sedan. It's reliable, and proven to be a ridiculously durable motor.

PS: I don't think anyone associates "supercar" status with any S/M model cars. T Hey are mainstream cars with a little extra equipment tossed in.

Not like the S/M cars get a carbon fiber monocoque and weight 1000lbs less, they are the same cars with different engine and suspension.

A5 gets the 2.0T

Doesn't need to be, doesn't even need a lip just the correct offset to have concavity on the rear.

These won't be concave. CCW's wheels have a pretty much set face. They just locate it further in or out. The SP510 has an option for a 1" or 2" lip. Then I think they mill the mating surface to get the proper offset.

sigh...

Shut your face, sorry I'm not a wheel expert.

These won't be concave. CCW's wheels have a pretty much set face. They just locate it further in or out. The SP510 has an option for a 1" or 2" lip. Then I think they mill the mating surface to get the proper offset.

Makes sense. Should look good.

Car is looking great! It was nice to get to meet you. Hope you enjoyed getting to take delivery on the showroom floor the other night. We didn't need that dumb R8 on the floor anyways. Also if you need to change a few things with VAG-COM I have it also. Make sure to join Audizine too.