Meet The Rohrlla

Draco-REX

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2805/10186942636_35ac22c780_b.jpg

(crappy cell pics until I can take some better ones)

Just picked up a 2014 Audi S5 in Phantom Black Effect. Prestige package, Sport diff, S tronic DSG, and Black Optic trim. Named for Walter Rohrl, and for the fact that it's a Rock N Rolla. :D

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8413/10186876965_4e7e55a78e_b.jpg

I decided to go against my predjudices and get the DSG for a couple reasons. The S5 manual leaves a lot to be desired, it was on the lot (instant gratification woo!), and all the supercars are coming with automated manuals in one form or another so I thought I'd give it a go.

It's comfortable even in dynamic mode, and has more things to play with than I know what to do with. It should be a blast for a day-in day-out driver. And I know it'll be great for my long trips to the coast.

Plans are really simple. Winters for these wheels and new wheels for the summer tires that are on it. I don't think I need to upsize a 255/35-19. Wheels will probably be Enkei Raijin 19x9.5+35 in black or maybe silver.

No plans for power mods (I want the full warranty available) but I might jump on a catback if I can find a non-droning one for a good price, the car's a little quiet for my taste. But I do want to find some good paddle shifter extensions. The only set I've found that I like are out of stock so far however. :p Clear Bra and Tint are in the plans.

I might, just might, get a duckbill spoiler for the trunk... We'll see.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's one here at work just like that, it looks amazing. I like the black Audis over any other color because all the plastic accents don't stick out.

Did you trade in the STi for it? Or did that sell?

Sold a while back

CR looks long..

I'm guessing you're not a parts counter guy at Advance. Nice car for sure, a set of Raijins in silver would look great.

Still am. Just had some money saved up and got frustrated enough at the last couple used cars I've had to want to treat myself to something nice and reliable.

Please make those enkei wheels your winter wheels... it would be a sin to remove the stock wheels for those.

I'm really not a fan of these wheels. They spin forwards on one side of the car and backwards on the other. And they look kinda chunky. I was thinking of getting a set of BBS CH-R but they're 1/2" narrower than these, putting the face 9mm inwards between width and offset. At least the Enkeis will push the face outwards a touch.

I haven't finished shopping yet, but I'm thinking there aren't many options with Audi's oddball bolt pattern.

Please make those enkei wheels your winter wheels... it would be a sin to remove the stock wheels for those.

Agreed

Still am. Just had some money saved up and got frustrated enough at the last couple used cars I've had to want to treat myself to something nice and reliable.

I'm really not a fan of these wheels. They spin forwards on one side of the car and backwards on the other. And they look kinda chunky. I was thinking of getting a set of BBS CH-R but they're 1/2" narrower than these, putting the face 9mm inwards between width and offset. At least the Enkeis will push the face outwards a touch.

I haven't finished shopping yet, but I'm thinking there aren't many options with Audi's oddball bolt pattern.

Please keep looking... this car deserves better.

5x112? If you can't find much in that pattern, you're doing it wrong.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?804-5x112-Classifieds

I understand what you mean about the spoke rotation, but in a lot of ways it's really unique, too. It'll be really hard for you to replace those classy original wheels with something aftermarket, that won't look like you cheaped out.

This.

Drako, You just need to immerse yourself in the audi forums to get ideas for wheels. There are so many that look fantastic on the S5s, preferably staggered lips.

Also a slight drop is in order!!!

I understand what you mean about the spoke rotation, but in a lot of ways it's really unique, too. It'll be really hard for you to replace those classy original wheels with something aftermarket, that won't look like you cheaped out.

Barely any 19s there, and the ones there are either "baller" looking or cheap shit. Enkei is a quality brand. They don't need a german sounding name, gratuitous machining, or a massive price tag to fit the car.

The BBS CH-R is still on the table. I just have to decide if going to the narrower wheel will look bad or not.

Welcome to the dark side bro!

Great ride, if you need any VAGCOM mods let me know. One thing I did was make it always start in dymanic.

Mine already does.

I would like to shut off the DRL "wink". I'll have to figure out what the rest of the mods do and see what I want done.

The heated mirrors are kind of a mystery though..

I'm also having the sales guy trying to figure out if I was supposed to get the cargo net for the trunk or not.. I got the silly ski bag, but no net.