New Jeep Wrangler or....FRS?

Bigbird

jeeps were cool in high school. cruising at the beach with the doors off, top off, etc. if you're not going to do that, or not going to off-road it, then they are just plain garbage. we had one for 60k miles, bought brand new, all the options, etc etc---it was the biggest piece of shit i've ever driven.

i murdered a brz on the freeway in my cts the other week---he was driving like a jackass cutting everyone off, and he shot me a stink eye as he passed me and cut the guy off in front of me (we were passing a line of cars). once the car in front of me got over, i nailed it. this guy was probably 200ft ahead of me, still WOT, and i passed him like he was standing still at a very high rate of speed--probably 15mph faster than him at least. he was topped out---lol. i slowed down and he still couldn't catch me. fun times. carry on

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeeps were cool in high school. cruising at the beach with the doors off, top off, etc. if you're not going to do that, or not going to off-road it, then they are just plain garbage. we had one for 60k miles, bought brand new, all the options, etc etc---it was the biggest piece of shit i've ever driven.

The new JK's (2012+) are a big departure from the Jeeps of old. I even have soccer mom's buying Jeeps and lifting them. Bang for buck, it's hard to match it's capability off road. (Speaking of off the show room floor SUV) What's odd is the resale value the new Jeeps hold.

Where are the pics come onnnnn?

I'm stuck out here at a military base (Presidio of Monterey) without a car. And I'm like 70 miles from where my Jeep is. My wife gets out here on Tuesday, so I may end up having to wait for her to get here to take me to go pick it up. I'm getting pretty antsy.

So I lied. I took my deposit back from the dealership. Found another dealership that was able to get me basically the same price on a silver Sport with all the same options +Rubicon wheels and tires. I'll probably have to wait until next weekend (I've got a test this week. Trying to learn Persian Farsi is a bitch) to pick it up though.

Rubicon Express kit FTW. Stock JK's are boring :D

I have Rubi wheels and now some BFG KM Mud Terrains in the back of my truck. I need to find a place to get em mounted/balanced. Already got Spidertrax spacers on it with the 16" steelies along with a set of JKUR 19/59 springs and Rubi red shocks. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally picked up my Jeep yesterday! Has all of the options I wanted, except for the 3.73 axle ratio. Plus it came with the Rubicon wheels. I was actually getting 22mpg on the drive back from the dealership, going a pretty consistent 72mph. So I was pleasantly surprised with that. I can get more pics if anyone cares, but it's was pretty cloudy here in Monterey today.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/drevol500/1382598_10200933133357337_1417416649_o.jpg