Best "drive to see the colors changing"

Buckeye1647545503

ya I planned on going but things came up again. What path did you guys take?

Here's the route we took, a lot of awesome scenery along the way and killer roads. We stopped at Lake Hope Lodge for lunch and I highly recommend it. Great food.

Left on Clear Creek Rd. Twp.#116

Left on Snortin Ridge Rd. - turns into Jack Run Rd.

Right on Rt. 180/Rt. 374 South

Left on Rt. 374 South.

Right on Rt. 664 South

Left on Rt. 56 East at South Bloomingville

Left on Rt. 278 North

Right at light in Nelsonville on Rt. 33 East (I think it's also called Canal St.)

Go one block and turn right at the next light onto Hocking Parkway, follow it through the Hocking College campus

Turn right onto Rt. 691 South

Right on Rt. 56 West

Left on Rt. 278 South

Right into Lake Hope State Park to lodge for lunch

Back onto Rt. 278 North

Left on Rt. 56 West

Right on Rt. 374 North

Right on Rt. 664 North

Left on Lake Logan Rd.

Right on Rt. 180 to Rt. 33 - end of cruise

As others have said too......33 to 77 thru Ravenswood WV and down into VA is great scenery as well but your rolling 75mph as well and you have 3 tolls on the WV turnpike @ $2 a pop.

Here's the route we took, a lot of awesome scenery along the way and killer roads. We stopped at Lake Hope Lodge for lunch and I highly recommend it. Great food.

Left on Clear Creek Rd. Twp.#116

Left on Snortin Ridge Rd. - turns into Jack Run Rd.

Right on Rt. 180/Rt. 374 South

Left on Rt. 374 South.

Right on Rt. 664 South

Left on Rt. 56 East at South Bloomingville

Left on Rt. 278 North

Right at light in Nelsonville on Rt. 33 East (I think it's also called Canal St.)

Go one block and turn right at the next light onto Hocking Parkway, follow it through the Hocking College campus

Turn right onto Rt. 691 South

Right on Rt. 56 West

Left on Rt. 278 South

Right into Lake Hope State Park to lodge for lunch

Back onto Rt. 278 North

Left on Rt. 56 West

Right on Rt. 374 North

Right on Rt. 664 North

Left on Lake Logan Rd.

Right on Rt. 180 to Rt. 33 - end of cruise

As others have said too......33 to 77 thru Ravenswood WV and down into VA is great scenery as well but your rolling 75mph as well and you have 3 tolls on the WV turnpike @ $2 a pop.

This is the 2nd time this week someone has told me Lake Hope Lodge is a great place.

I live in Hocking Hills. It's nice. Just got back from a hunting trip in Minnehaha Springs, WV though and the views/places to hike are stunning.

http://www.alleghenylodgewv.com/sitebuilder/images/P1010019-345x252_1_-521x154.jpg

Good rates on cabins, ~5 hour drive from where I'm at, plenty of things to do/see for free. I love it. Great drive in through Marlinton via the Monongahela National Forest.

I recommend it if it's within your traveling radius. SMALL towns. Nearest Wal*Mart is over an hour away. Only franchise is a DQ in Marlinton. Plenty of national/state parks to hike, hunt, and fish in.

Marietta's SR 26 fall foliage tour is a major attraction. Its also a covered bridge tour. Self guided or tour bus.

Since we moved this far north the Wife and I have found that a trip up into the Mohican State park area is great for foliage seekers, there's a sizable gourge in the area as well as this castle http://www.landollsmohicancastle.com/