mrs.cos

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone hides from it...

:)

I know what you mean but can you honestly say that there hasn't been days every winter where you would've gone out to do some shit, whatever it may be, and didn't because of the weather? Now, far south, you get into the other end of the spectrum but southern Cali is starting to sound pretty good again. haha I honestly cannot think of a day I ever said, "Nah, weather's too shitty. Staying home." :p

I know what you mean but can you honestly say that there hasn't been days every winter where you would've gone out to do some shit, whatever it may be, and didn't because of the weather? Now, far south, you get into the other end of the spectrum but southern Cali is starting to sound pretty good again. haha I honestly cannot think of a day I ever said, "Nah, weather's too shitty. Staying home." :p

Honestly? No. It just takes more time. As a youth pastor I can work from home if need be most days, but as a farmer I don't have a choice. Work has to be done. Unless it's a level 3, if it's my day to work out there I get there.

I grew up in Ohio and my dad was a police officer then a mail carrier. I grew up watching him work no matter what the condition. Grew up understand sometimes things suck, be it weather or what have you, and you make the best of what you've got.

Life's too short for me to complain on Facebook about crappy weather. :lol:

For me, if I lived somewhere else, I feel there'd be something else that sucks to replace weathers place. Taxes, people, roads...something.

I smile every time I see snow falling, especially when I wake up, open the blinds, and can sit and watch with a nice cup of coffee and a good breakfast before heading out to work.

I mean, yeah, it can be a burden, but I can't control it so why stress?

Honestly? No. It just takes more time. As a youth pastor I can work from home if need be most days, but as a farmer I don't have a choice. Work has to be done. Unless it's a level 3, if it's my day to work out there I get there.

I grew up in Ohio and my dad was a police officer then a mail carrier. I grew up watching him work no matter what the condition. Grew up understand sometimes things suck, be it weather or what have you, and you make the best of what you've got.

Life's too short for me to complain on Facebook about crappy weather. :lol:

For me, if I lived somewhere else, I feel there'd be something else that sucks to replace weathers place. Taxes, people, roads...something.

I smile every time I see snow falling, especially when I wake up, open the blinds, and can sit and watch with a nice cup of coffee and a good breakfast before heading out to work.

I mean, yeah, it can be a burden, but I can't control it so why stress?

I was referring more to extracurricular activities as opposed to work and the like. I can understand growing up in a an area will have you more used to it and accepting; well, for some, anyway. haha I grew up performing hard labor and playing in 95o+ weather and 90+ humidity. Conditions on the other end of the spectrum. I don't really stress about the weather, it is what it is, but I must say I'm getting impatient for spring this year. :(

And as for snow, if it's gonna be cold and shitty brown it might as well snow its ass off! :)

I was referring more to extracurricular activities as opposed to work and the like. I can understand growing up in a an area will have you more used to it and accepting; well, for some, anyway. haha I grew up performing hard labor and playing in 95o+ weather and 90+ humidity. Conditions on the other end of the spectrum. I don't really stress about the weather, it is what it is, but I must say I'm getting impatient for spring this year. :(

And as for snow, if it's gonna be cold and shitty brown it might as well snow its ass off! :)

Sometimes. I hunt and hike through the winter though. shrug.gif

Gonna be a happy day when I can lock this thread. Maybe in May.

Vette Mitch is an angry Mitch. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure where you're reading that. NOAA says:

A chance of snow showers, mainly before 9am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Northwest wind around 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.