Where should I go to get a remote starter?

2 Sweet

Remote starts can be put on manual transmission vehicles, but they require the emergency brake, door triggers, must run of tach sense and not voltage sense, and a relay on the clutch switch to be wired up as well. Safely operating a remote start require a procedure for manual transmission vehicles. Usually you have to have your foot on the brake, press the remote start button, pull the emergency brake, remove the key (Car still running), exit the vehicle, then lock, and the vehicle will turn off. This puts the vehicle in a stasis mode where it is as sure as it can be that the vehicle is in neutral. If the door is opened, brake pressed, or emergency brake released the vehicle will not start remotely because it doesn't know if the vehicle is in gear or not.

How much did that run you tim?

In fairness, I'd rather not list a price since it could have changed and I'm not the vendor. I hope you understand. More than the $299 noted here, but the few bucks were worth it considering it can be expanded to include an alarm and more even. Reliable as all get out too.

I have mine configured with the cars GPS so I can see exactly where it is at all times. Start it from anywhere in the world so long as my phone and car have cell signal. Pops trunk, locks, unlocks, marks parking spots, etc.

Best thing for me is I can remote start it from deep inside Sam's club or my office building when it's 25* out. Distance doesn't matter. Tells you the status of the car too so you know if it's running, etc.

Call PPC.

What type of lag time is involved in the app? I have seen a lot of bad reviews on it. I have a 2way pager system alarm/ remote start, it works very good inside buildings.

In fairness, I'd rather not list a price since it could have changed and I'm not the vendor. I hope you understand. More than the $299 noted here, but the few bucks were worth it considering it can be expanded to include an alarm and more even. Reliable as all get out too.

I have mine configured with the cars GPS so I can see exactly where it is at all times. Start it from anywhere in the world so long as my phone and car have cell signal. Pops trunk, locks, unlocks, marks parking spots, etc.

Best thing for me is I can remote start it from deep inside Sam's club or my office building when it's 25* out. Distance doesn't matter. Tells you the status of the car too so you know if it's running, etc.

Call PPC.

Is this a push button smart key? Or just regular key?

I'm assuming regular key. Toyota accessory remote start MSRP at $399. I would question the legitimacy of $299 installed as you'd need an extra chipped key to put near the immobilizer for aftermarket kits. I could probably hook you up a bit on the accessory kit. I would also be able to print out the installation information. You have to do the key programming prodecure to set the immobilizer for remote start.

Or I can get you a quote for a full installation at Toyota.

Is this a push button smart key? Or just regular key?

I'm assuming regular key. Toyota accessory remote start MSRP at $399. I would question the legitimacy of $299 installed as you'd need an extra chipped key to put near the immobilizer for aftermarket kits. I could probably hook you up a bit on the accessory kit. I would also be able to print out the installation information. You have to do the key programming prodecure to set the immobilizer for remote start.

Or I can get you a quote for a full installation at Toyota.

I want one for my echo... not a smart key or anything(obviously). Still $399?

What type of lag time is involved in the app? I have seen a lot of bad reviews on it. I have a 2way pager system alarm/ remote start, it works very good inside buildings.

10 seconds if that. If I push the button, it will show "Start Command being sent to Tim's Fusion" and it's running within 10 seconds. On a rare occasion it will say "failed to communicate, etc....." but I'd say that's rare as maybe once a quarter. Even then, I find the car still starts. IMO it has something to do with my phone as if I reboot the phone it then works.

If you really want to, you can always use the Key Fob that also comes with the system. I however don't even carry it. I tend to only use it at the house as I have it hanging where I keep my keys and only use it if I have my car in the driveway.