E-mail sent to me about Harley Riders

DTM Brian

It's true, I don't like HD motorcycles or bikes that are designed to look good at the cost of safety. But what I really hate is the Harley culture and bad information they spew. Like, "don't use the front break you'll flip over the handlebars". WTF, the front break is 60% of a bikes stopping power! "Wearing a helmet will snap your neck in an accident". Yep, that's why every race bike rider has one on.:rolleyes: "Loud pipes save lives", so remove the exhaust from your car and you'll never be in another accident! ;)

The list can go on forever. So if I lash out against the clueless, bull shit filled, chrome brained culture of the Harley Davidson Propaganda Machine, I hope you will forgive my ignorance.:cool: In the mean time I'll still wave at you because we're all on two wheels trying to survive to ride another day.:D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me. A while back I was at a dealership with my brother. Had some serious gas from whatever I ate the day before. I pretended to be interested in all of the Harleys but actually I was just farting on all of them and it felt so good. :lol:

This reminds me. A while back I was at a dealership with my brother. Had some serious gas from whatever I ate the day before. I pretended to be interested in all of the Harleys but actually I was just farting on all of them and it felt so good. :lol:

roflmao

*sits down* Woah, what's that smell!?!?!?

:lol::lol::lol:

my 2nd post, i was at the meet and greet sunday, and not one of u fucktards acknowledged a h-d rider was there........:violin:i guess im the bad apple in the bunch.....yeeha

....in the wind guys and gals....

Hmm, weird, you must have been in a different place.

From what I saw, the second the guy with the turbo V-rod pulled in, the whole crowd swarmed his bike. I talked to a few of the HD guys that were there as well, they came down and mingled though.

I did notice a group that never left the patio, I just happened to catch a glance, but not even sure if they were all the HD guys or not, just saw a few patches.

I'm a shy, social-idiot and I've made plenty of friends from this forum.

Walk down and say hi to people, I can almost guarantee you would have to be a total and complete fucktard not to have a decent conversation with at least one person from this board.

I found out long ago when it comes to friend/relationships, you get back what you put in.

If you are standing somewhere with your arms crossed waiting for someone to pin a rose on you, I hope you have a ton of patience.

Edited by Artmageddon

Interestingly enough, this is the first REP I received from this site when I joined:

It kind of set the Tone of the Website, but it does seem to "fit".

KillJoy

Bummer. Just like anywhere, there are going to be a few assholes.

BTW, I think the Nightster is a sweet bike. If they black it out like the Iron in 2010, there may be one in my garage real quick. Now if they just get rid of the peanut tank....

Bummer. Just like anywhere, there are going to be a few assholes.

BTW, I think the Nightster is a sweet bike. If they black it out like the Iron in 2010, there may be one in my garage real quick. Now if they just get rid of the peanut tank....

I don't know WHY they did not black out the engine on the Nightster like they did on the Iron. Who knows.... maybe next year.

As for the Tank.... it might be small, but it is NOT the "peanut" Tank. The Tank is a 3.5 gallon. The "peanut" Tank is about 2.5 gallon!!!

:eek:

KillJoy

it's only a 3.3gal tank, but mileage is near 60mpg hwy, and 40 city!!! don't need a larger tank when you're getting that type of mileage. Hell, the only way I'll see more than 40mpg hwy is if I coast down the side of a mountain in neutral!

it's only a 3.3gal tank, but mileage is near 60mpg hwy, and 40 city!!! don't need a larger tank when you're getting that type of mileage. Hell, the only way I'll see more than 40mpg hwy is if I coast down the side of a mountain in neutral!

3.3.... 3.5.... whatever,, it is SMAAAALLLLLL......

Milage only stays there if you leave it stock :( I have been averaging 50-55 with the "mail box" Vance and Hines Tune. I REALLY want to get a Power Commander and have Brian Tune it. I HATE mail box tunes...

KillJoy

i looked at all cruisers before i got the warrior. I ALMOST bought a vrod but spent half and got the warrior.

I couldn't have made a better choice. i don't think i'd buy a harley. never liked them (cept the vrod) i'll buy a custom chopper if i want to spend some cheese on a bike.

I want to sleep with your bike one day.

Milage only stays there if you leave it stock :( I have been averaging 50-55 with the "mail box" Vance and Hines Tune. I REALLY want to get a Power Commander and have Brian Tune it. I HATE mail box tunes...

KillJoy

I agree about the mailbox tunes, that's why I went w/the Thunder Max. It's an auto tune fueler. You just install the base map and ride. The more you ride the sooner it finds that sweet spot. If you decide to change pipes, you just do it. No dynos, no down time. I love it. Price is a tad salt, around $700 mark, but you never NEED a dyno.

:lol: sweet' date=' more ammo to use on the 200mi a year elitist pricks! (Harley is fine, I just hate about 99% of the tools that think they're the only motorcycle on planet earth.)[/quote']

Fixed ;)

don't get me started on the Harley clans that only ride 200mi/year or less..... Hell, I have a friend that bought his Deuce in '05 (2yrs before I got my VROD) and this year he just racked up 1500 miles!!! 1500 miles in 4 fucking years??!!! are you kidding me.... He does make it to all the HD rallies and parties though. Him and the wife take the Lincoln truck, bike keeps the garage safe.

don't get me started on the Harley clans that only ride 200mi/year or less..... Hell, I have a friend that bought his Deuce in '05 (2yrs before I got my VROD) and this year he just racked up 1500 miles!!! 1500 miles in 4 fucking years??!!! are you kidding me.... He does make it to all the HD rallies and parties though. Him and the wife take the Lincoln truck, bike keeps the garage safe.

So he's the only one at the rallies and parties drinking and driving instead of drinking and riding? :D

Classic storys:

1. Co worker had a Honda cruiser he rode everwhere but lusted for a HD hard tail. Finally the day came and he got one. He used to ride to work every nice day. Suddenly he wasn't riding to work at all. Reason why??? The HD was so rough it hurt him to ride it, so he stopped riding! :rolleyes:

2. Another Co worker bragged about taking the AD Farrow "Riders Edge" class and how she was doing so many rides with her HD friends. A year later we invited her for a ride out to 78 via 56 to 278. After several hours we had to stop and turn around because she was seriously fatigued. While resting we asked how many miles she had on her Sportster? "Just turned 600" she said. Scott and I looked at out trip meters and realized we had doubled her total miles in one day! :lol:

3. While out in The Bad Lands we stopped at Cactus Flats. Two HD low riders pulled up and marvled at the fact there was a KLR 650 and Honda XL 650 that far from Ohio. They asked my friends who many days it had taken to get there? We couldn't get them to believe this was the morning of day three of the trip. They'd taken 5 days to ride from Chicago. :)

4. While riding up Powder River Pass we kept stopping for photos. Each time we did a pair of Cruisers passed us and then we'd pass them again. We did this several times up the Mountain to 10,000 ft. At the top they stopped and got talking with us. His Gf was on a Shadow and he was on an HD. He asked if we'd had any engine studder coming up. Well the V-strom in FI, his GF siad no and neither of my friends on their 650's had issues either. His comment kept us laughing the rest of the trip. "I guess I need a diffrent tail pipe." :lol: Tool :rolleyes:

5. My GF used to hang with a HD crowd. Lots of lether vests and such on loud Harleys that they took from one bar to the next. The first time I took her for a little ride around Troy we did about 30 miles. We stopped for a smoke break and she exclaimed, "I never knew riding a motorcycle was so much fun!" I looked at her and said, "I thought you used to ride all the time?" She answered, "We did but we never went anywhere." :p

+rep, all classics :lol:

It's sad but true. ;)

I'll admit I have some friends who have Harleys that they ride. But these guys are hard core riders and spend most their time on Dual Sport or offroad bikes. When they get on the HD's they run the piss out of them and then almost rebuild them from the valve stem up!:eek: