What base layers?

Radio Flyer1647545514

I have a climbing/ camping trip coming up next week at Red River Gorge and Iwant to get some compression base layers to stay warm and protect against wind. I also plan on using these for hunting this year as well. What do you use/ suggest?

The only brand I really know about is Under Armour. What other brands should I be looking at if any at all?

Well just an update. I ordered some midweight Polartec Patagonia lower protection and Cabelas has a sale on their Polartec ECWCS base layers right now if anyone is interested in picking up some gear of their own.

I got to test out the midweight ECWCS stuff from Cabelas today and it seems to do the job in the weather we have today.

It seems like it'll do the job while climbing and I hope it holds up while I'm sleeping in the hammock.

layering should go as such. Wicking, insulation & shell.

Forget going for brand names as underarmor, fleece and gortex have been off patent for years now.

and stay away from costly north face products...they are, for the money, poor quality.

If you're looking for super warm without the bulk i'd recommend a micro down jacket. I've been using one skiing for years now and i love it. just make sure to say out of the trees as it'll rip easily.

I buy alot of my winter gear off sierra trading post.