2013-2014 College Basketball Thread

BStowers023

Figured I'd make a thread to keep up with college basketball stories, headlines, and the Buckeyes.

Ohio State looks to be on the right path again this year, improving to 2-0 last night against the Bobcats. The Big Ten seems to be just as dominant, if not more dominant this year. Michigan State took down #1 Kentucky, Wisconsin took down #11 Florida.

I'm hoping Ross can step it up, he's looked a bit sluggish to start. Loving seems promising, along with Amir who had a good game against a quality opponent. Craft doing his thing playing solid defense and missing layups. Thompson coming off the bench was a bit of a surprise, but he adds a nice spark.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big10 is def dominant in basketball, amazing how much respect they get in basketball compared to football haha. I watch the 2nd half of the game last night and honestly OSU was lucky they weren't playing a decent team. Ohio State only made like 4 or 5 shots int he 2nd half, thank god for free throws. Sam Thompson still amazes me with his leaping ability, I said this last year and ill say it again, he's the most athletic kid I have seen at Ohio State. Craft is a monster on defense and a good point gaurd, hopefully he can make it at the next level. Should be an interesting year for college basketball

Huge OSU basketball fan, almost as much as football. The win AT Marquette was huge for this teams confidence. I feel like they may have lost some losing DeShaun Thomas, but so far they haven't missed a beat.

I think people are under estimating how good OU actually is. I see them being a tourney team and we did pretty good against them.

I loved seeing Michigan State take down the all mighty recruiting powerhouse Kentucky. Izzo is a class act.

• 1 month later...
Great game, really wish that was Thompson with the ball to end regulation. I think he would've just dunked it in and ball game would've been over. OSU showed some serious heart and character tonight, MSU is not an easy place to play at and an even harder place to come back from 17 down with 7 minutes left.

Great game, really wish that was Thompson with the ball to end regulation. I think he would've just dunked it in and ball game would've been over. OSU showed some serious heart and character tonight, MSU is not an easy place to play at and an even harder place to come back from 17 down with 7 minutes left.

Yeah, it was a good game. MSU is a really good team and OSU has passed the eye test for me. They will contend for the B1G championship and a National Championship with this team. Almost beating MSU at east lansing, coming back from a 17 point deficit says a lot.

Amazing game. Really wish Shannon Scott would have finished that last drive to the basket to end regulation, but this team showed some serious heart and desire to win. Does that mean you get a W in the column? Nope. But come March (when this stuff really matters), it goes a long way. The team DOES NOT QUIT.

I know everyone knows this, but Aaron Craft is truly one of the most exciting players to watch that I have ever seen. His passion is unmatched by anyone.

That 'layup' at the end of regulation though.....ugh!

Hung my head in shame as they started chanting at the end of the game.....shitty couple weeks to be a Buckeye fan.....

this was classic......

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/08/CraftInbound.gif

Does that mean you get a W in the column? Nope. But come March (when this stuff really matters), it goes a long way.

One of the upsides of college basketball. The rankings don't matter and you really can have good losses. The team learned a lot about itself last night.

The only way a loss can be "good" in CFB is if every other team has a loss or it saves you from a more embarrassing loss down the road...lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...