College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

I saw during the OSU telecast a comparison of the Buckeyes and Baylor's "resume" before Baylor lost. Why were they the media darlings anyhow? Take that Gil Brandt. I just don't see why the national media has not given OSU credit for 23 games in a row. That is ridiculous no matter who you are playing. Upsets happen every week but OSU keeps winning.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Shazier is a monster. Like he even kind of looks like one.

Carlos Hyde is starting to creep into my mind as one of the best running backs ever at Ohio State. And he is one of the few Buckeyes that if I ever saw in person I would buy a drink for. I heart him.

I love how Wilson is getting more into game plan. I can't wait to see his speed on the fast track in Indy.

What a great matchup - Ohio State vs Michigan State. I don't want to look ahead too much, but that matchup has marquee written over it. Offense vs Defense.

Baylor LOL. GTFO fakes. You're like Oregon only with less cool uniforms and less history, if that's possible.

Berto is right - that mighty SEC hype machine could still fuck over Ohio State even if Bama loses. I never overestimate the SEC bias anymore.

Some WTF stuff to consider: Stanford is still in top 10 with 2 losses? Get the fuck out with that shit. Yet Michigan State is stuck at 13 with one loss on the road to a quality team. Yeah makes sense. Same with South Carolina - 2 loses, still higher than MSU.

The shazier comment made me LOL.

But +1 on everything you said.

Sure seems like it. It is hard to score when the temp is blow freezing, wind blowing at 20mph, and it's SNOWING. You are dogging on OSU because they didn't score 80 points against a mediocre team. I am saying FSU can not do the same if they played in this weather. Jamis Winston shouldn't even be playing.

Maybe you shouldn't be so presumptuous? I found humor in FSU hanging 80 on someone when people in this thread were saying they wanted OSU to do that....

And to add to your presumptuous ways, that is exactly what you are doing about what FSU 'would' have done in different weather...

lot of people suddenly talking about how OSU's schedule is starting to look better than FSU's. Ohio State will be playing an 11-1 Michigan State to close the season while FSU plays Duke... Clemson losing to S. Carolina would help as they are really FSU's only legit victory this year. Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Guys, stop giving Juicy a hard time. He didn't say anything that wasn't true. Pre-game, everyone was talking like Ohio State had to beat Indiana by like 80 points to keep from being swallowed up by that mighty Baylor team. Of course, like most of us predicted, Baylor got exposed and in the end the "style" points didn't seem to matter as much. (Which just kind of shows the hypocrisy of CFB - all of sudden the style points don't matter? Ok, thanks, whatever.) Juicy was just pointing out that Florida State did to their cupcake what Ohio State was "supposed" to do to their cupcake team. All of that is absolutely true. He didn't say Ohio State should have.

Josh, I've been seeing a lot of the same stuff about FSU's schedule vs. Ohio State's. I think it's awesome to see all the FSU homers now starting to get really nervous. In the end, I don't think we overtake FSU if they don't lose, but I think it's nice to see people now realizing (a) Ohio State's schedule isn't as lame as people try to make out and (2) FSU's schedule is not strong at all. Their signature win is over a Clemson team that I am convinced will get handled by South Carolina.

Jonathan gets it...

In other related news, I think FSU OSU could be an awesome matchup... I would love the dream world where the sec is pushed out of the title game...

And isomers friends and I were discussing what the ESPN biased reporting is doing for the sec and creating a reality where the SEC IS the best conference (because people believe what they hear on the tv to be true... So if the media says the sec is the best, then it must be, so that's where you want to play if you're a top athlete).

Last years nfl draft might be indicative of that... Sec had 63, three times more than b1g who had 20... And twice more than the next closest conference of the ACC...

(Though OSU can claim the most overall draftees in the last 20 years... At least as of 2011...)

You guys are dealing with what I have dealt with for years in the Big East... When the general public, media charged, believes your conference is weak, it's tough to move up in rankings because even if several teams in your conference has very high winning records, 'it's only because the teams your playing aren't very good'...

I would even surmise that if it weren't for the 23 game win streak, OSU wouldn't be sitting at 3 right now... If espn could rank them lower without the people going WTF, they probably would...

Disclaimer: not comparing BE to OSU, just the media perception/analogy...

1. Bama

2. FSU

3. Ohio State

4. Auburn

5. Missouri

6. Clemson

7. Oklahoma State

8. Stanford

9. Baylor

10. S. Carolina

11. Michigan State

14. Wisconsin

4 SEC teams still in the top 10, (2) 2 loss teams ahead of Michigan State still...LOL Maybe the coaches poll will have Michigan State in the top 10

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1

The thing is ESPN really has no impact directly on what happens to OSU. The can spew their bullshit all they want, but the media votes don't mean shit, it's the coaches. I would like to think fellow coaches are able to understand that a team who goes undefeated in a major conference in the fashion Ohio State has done, should be in the NCG should one of the other 2 teams lose. I would put money on it that a 1 loss team does not jump Ohio State. Ohio State is a cash cow and the NCAA/BCS/Media/World knows this.

The thing is ESPN really has no impact directly on what happens to OSU. The can spew their bullshit all they want, but the media votes don't mean shit, it's the coaches. I would like to think fellow coaches are able to understand that a team who goes undefeated in a major conference in the fashion Ohio State has done, should be in the NCG should one of the other 2 teams lose. I would put money on it that a 1 loss team does not jump Ohio State. Ohio State is a cash cow and the NCAA/BCS/Media/World knows this.

Then let's hope FSU or Bama loses next weekend, at 23-0 right now I think OSU deserves a spot in the NCG for sure